|025

I close my car door as I move to the back to grab my bag.

"It looks so gloomy today." Ronnie mentions while getting out of the car.

"I think it's gonna rain." I respond, swinging my bag over my shoulder. I look up to the sky and sigh.

"So glum for what?" Ace asks, walking up to my car as he locks his.

"Well that's just a good reason to stay—." Ace goes quiet and I look towards him, locking my car. My eyes shift around a bit in front of us when I see what made Ace shut his mouth so fast. Kai was was getting out of Xavier's car and they were both laughing and talking to each other.

"That dinners in two days ain't it?" I ask, I hear him sigh.

"Yeah, my parents are finally ready to face them."

"Took them long enough." Cal says with a funny look on his face.  It goes silent as we walk towards the school.  The crowded hallways start to slowly empty as the warning bell rings for class.

"See you guys later!"  Cal says as he and Ronnie turn into a different hallway.  I send them a small wave as they leave.  Glancing over to Ace I nudge him lightly.

"Cheer up, it's not like they're dating." He mumbles something and I nudge him again.

"Acting as if she's gonna forget the past 6 months dumbass, she needs time just as much as you need time." We walk into the class and he turns around to say something to me but decides not to and walked to his seat.

Never seen him this emotional before

I sigh and follow him as class starts and the teachers starts lecturing.

"Please open your book to page 78." I hum to myself as I reach into my bag to grab the book. Flipping the pages until I get to the told spot.

The day passes by with ease, nothing new or interesting happening but that was how I liked it. Silence. Calm.

"You got a ride?" I look up from my phone and Elliot was talking to one of his athletes.

"Yeah, my moms on the way." The kid beams, smiling up to him in admiration.

"Alright." He waves and starts walking towards me.

"Hey!" I greet him as he walks over,

"Hi." It was one of those boyish tones he said it that made my heart skip a beat.

"I have to go talk to my mom in a bit but I'll text you tonight, is that okay?" My brows furrow at the way he was talking.  He was asking as if he was required to tell me when he was going to text me.  As if I'd get mad at him if he didn't tell me why he wasn't going to be texting me.

"Yeah that's fine, text me whenever." I respond, smiling up to him.  He sends me a small grin back and starts walking away after waving.

"Hey Choi!" He stops and turns around, waiting for me to finish my sentence.  I look at him straight in the eyes.

"Don't ask that bs again, yah?" His eyes slightly widen at the statement and then his lips curve up into a small smile and nods before getting into his car.  His car pulls out as I unlock my car and get in.

The sun drew a picture through the windows as I enter my apartment, it was slowly starting to set and turning a pinkish color.  I take in a sigh and a smile placed itself onto my face.

Everything's.....perfect.

I set my bag down on the couch and take my shoes off, neatly placing them by the doormat before walking to the bedroom and going into my closet to look for a pair of clothes.  Quickly changing into them and grabbing my laptop on the way out to the kitchen.  Setting the laptop down on the dining table to opening my balcony door.  Taking my seat and starting on my dreaded homework.

And I felt at peace.

Nothing to disrupt me from the fact that my problems were suddenly solved within months.  That I no longer needed to worry about my own life or the people around me because I knew they were safe. 

My thoughts were interrupted with a small knock on my door.  I glance over at it before standing up and going to open it.   There stood Elliot with two cups of coffee in one hand and the other by his side.

"I thought you were gonna text me?" He clears his throat and goes to respond.

"I missed you." My face instantly flares up and I look away.

"Can you, like, not?" I say, moving back so he could walk in.  He slips off his shoes and hands me the drinks.

"I didn't do anything." He says, grabbing his laptop out of his bag after placing it down next to mine. We both walk back to the dining table and take seats across from each other. The coffee reminded me of our first time official meeting, how different I saw him then and now. I never thought that I would ever have a chance with him. We came from completely different social status and yes it did get in the way of most peoples relationships but this was different. I knew that he was no different from Callian or Kai, he was a Elliott.

"You okay?" He asks, looking up for his laptop. I smile at him before taking a sip of my coffee and responding.

"Yeah just admiring you, that's all." A pink dust appears on his cheeks at the mention and it makes me let out a small laugh.

"Flustered are we?" I tease, he nods gently.

"Who possibly wouldn't after hearing that?" He says, still typing away at his keyboard but I knew I had his full attention.

Don't give up on me.