|011

I look around me as I take a seat across from Kelly, the table was silent and the clicking of utensils against bowl were the only thing heard.

"Did you get your things?" My hands pause as I set down the spoon.

"Yes, it's not much so I didn't take much time." Mrs. Newman nods and the silence returns, I pick the spoon back up and dip it into the soup. The front door clicked before a voice fills the silence.

"Ji!  I'm home!"

"Will said that dinner should be on the table." Footsteps start and Mr Newman and blondie walks into the dinning room.

"Ahhhh kimchi stew, I'm so spoiled~." Mr Newman came up to Mrs Newman and back hugs her, covering her face in kisses.

"Alec, enough." A small chuckle comes from her as she pushed his face away.

"Mmm, Kelly you alright?  You haven't touched your food." Blondie says, sitting down next to him.

"Mm." Kelly picked up his spoon and blew in the hot liquid before putting it in his mouth.

"Everything handled well?" Mrs Newman asks before taking a sip from her cup.

"Yes, they were ready to kill me when I walked out." Mr Newman says and I peak to him a with a frown on my lips.

"Oh Elliott will you be staying here for the time being?" He adds, stirring up his bowl.

"Yes, I was told it would be done in a week."

"What was it again? Termites?" I listen and eat intently as they continued the conversations, Kelly being more sociable than I'm used to.

"Oh that reminds me, Callian and Kai will be back in a few days no?" This I knew,  Callian and Kia had told me, Ace and Ronnie earlier in the week that they would have to leave for a week to go visit someone they knew down south, someone that Kelly knew but wasn't friends with.

"Yes, I will be picking them up."

"Wait I thought I was?" Mr Newman says, taking a spoonful of stew.

"No love, you have a 1700 that day." My shoulders slouches and I relax in my position, feeling comfortable in the atmosphere that was created.

"I am done." I watch as Kelly stands up with his bowl and walks into the kitchen, his head nearly hitting the top of the door way.

"Corey when you are done can you show Dionysus his room?" Mrs Newman asks, standing up with her cup.

"Mhm, no problem mom." The quiet returns as she leaves.

I have to ask...Corey was his name?

"Uhh, Will and you are her son?" I asks, Corey nods takes a gulp of his water.

"Technically yes, she's our adoptive mom." I nod in acknowledgment.

"There are still a few other guys that are adopted by Jay and Alec." Corey adds, I turn to look at Mr Newman as he eats his stew.

"You gave us papers, we signed. It wasn't like you were making us sign some lab experiments, it wasn't hard to choose and we're happy with out decision."  Corey lets out a laugh.

"Yeah yeah."

We quickly finish our dishes and I and Corey left as Mr Newman started on the dishes.  We walked up the stairs and I look around as we go down a hallway, the decor to the bare minimum.

"Here is your room, there is a bathroom attached to the bedroom and I'm down at the other end of the hall but if you need anything Kelly is right across from you." He smiles at me and pats my back, I flinch at the contact.