|021

I groan as I hear my door bell ring. After I dropped by my work place I headed towards the Newman manor and we had a small get together to celebrate Callian being back and I didn't anticipate how late it take to help clean up after. The bell rings again and I get up, ruffling my hair and groggily walking out of my room and towards the door.

Not many people knew where I lived and the apartment building had a all around security team, I didn't need to always be alert of my surroundings anymore.

I unlock the door and blink slowly as my eyes travel up the person body. When it stops at the face my body freezes.

"Kelly?" I was wide awake now, my eyes tracked all over his body. His clothes were soaked and his face was even more bruised and cut.

"May I come in?" He asks, his voice a low soft tone. Nodding, I move to the side and let him walk in.

"What are you doing here so late? What happened? How do you keep getting hurt?" He looks to me and you can almost see his exterior relax and his breathing slows.

"Could I have a change of clothes?" I shut the door and lock it.

Avoiding my questions, huh

"Yeah." I walk to my room and grab a pair of pants and a shirt, walking back out to see him neatly placing his jacket on the coat hanger and straightening his shoes.

"Here." He flinched slightly as he turns around and my concern heightens.

Why's he jumpy?

"Bathroom?"

"Down the hall to the right." He nods and walks past me and I get a whiff of what he smells like.

Blood

I rub my face and go into the kitchen, turning on the kettle and taking out a cup and a tea bag. The pitter patter of the rain filled the silence among the sound of the boiling water. I had a lot of questions, each one getting heavier and heavier to comprehend. The kettle plays a soft dings and I grab it and pour it into the cup. I hear footsteps from behind me and I turn around with the cup filled in my hand.

"Here this should help with your throat." I hand him the cup and notice the cuts on his knuckles. My face contorts in a concerned way, he grabs it and take a sip.  No words are exchange but I know he was giving me a silent thank you as he looks at me.

"Did I wake you up?" I turn back around and pour a cup of warm water.

"No, I was awake."  I hear a bit of shuffling before he come back into my eye view as he looks out the window to my right. I watch him silently as he stared out the window as he sipped the tea. My eyes wandering all over his body. My clothes weren't too small on him but you could tell that he had a much larger chest size than me, the shirt I gave him was my biggest yet it seemed liked it was about to rip.

"He-"

"Can-" He turns to look at me and I let out a laugh.

"We're not so good with timing huh?" He flashes me a grin and walks over to the living room. He sets down the cup and lays down on the couch.

"I will leave later..." He closes his eyes and his breathing slows.

"I guess you're tired." I gulp down the rest of the now cold water and look at him one more time before walking back to my bedroom and falling into bed.  I wanted to ask questions but I knew personally that time is needed for things to be told.  He was clearly not well but he trusted me enough to come to me. I let out a sigh and close my eyes, my body starts to relax and my breathing slows and I fall into the depths of sleep.

I wake up in a fit of coughs and reach to my side table for my water bottle, struggling to find it. I groan as I sit up and turn, snatching the water bottle and gulping it down.

"Are you alright?" I blink a few times before grumbling and nodding. Ruffling my hair and swinging my legs off to the side.

"I made you breakfast." I look up to him and chuckle lightly. He was stood like a child telling their parents that he had puked in the middle of the night.

"Mmhm...don't you have work?" He blinks.

"Today's Saturday." I fall backwards and close my eyes.

"I'll be out in a bit." He stares at me for a bit before nodding and turning around and leaving. I rub my face and stand up, body aching. Walking into my bathroom and washing my face and brushing my teeth before walking out to the kitchen to see Kelly sitting there patiently, reading something on his phone.

"What did you make?" I asks, he sets his phone down and shuts it off, giving me all his attention.

"Pancakes with eggs and sausages." He stands up and over to the fridge.

"Did you want water or coffee?"

"Water please." He pours me a class and sets it in front of me before sitting back down across from me.

"Don't you have things to do today?" I ask, stuffing the pancake into my mouth.

God damn! Shit, might have to date him just for the food

"No, I cleared my schedule." I look up at him as my mouth chews.

"Wot?" He blinks and clears his throat.

"I'm sure you want a explanation for yesterday." I nod.

"I do but at your own accord, if you don't want to talk about it now I'm not going to force you."

"But I do." I take a gulp of my water and lean back.

"Then let's do that." He nods in agreement.

We sat in silence the rest of the time, basking in each other's presences. It was rare for us to be able to sit in silence with each other, it was one of those moments that I've come to cherish just a bit more than others. Him just looking at me could make me soft and relaxed, if he was there I knew that I was safe no matter where we were.

The thought of being with him twenty-four seven gave me hopeful feelings and butterflies. I loved the man to pieces.

I look to him and a small smile appears on my lips.

"You wouldn't break my heart, would you?"