|016

"Ronnie." My patients was wearing thin every second we watched.

"....okay, do your magic." He steps back and I slam open the door.

"What the-". He didn't get a word out before I was tackling him down to ground, punching the living shit out of him.

"GET HIM OFF OF ME-" My fist jabs into his jaw and he lets out a groan. I'm quickly pulled off of him, not by his friends but mine. Thrashing against Ronnie's and Ace's hold.

"LET ME GO! LET ME HIT HIM MORE! HE NEEDS TO FEEL WHAT CALLIAN HAS FELT!" I scream,

"Dion calm the fuck down! You're going to get in trouble if you knock him unconscious!" Ace reasons, tightening his grip.

"I DON'T GIVE A SINGLE FUCK!" Prince was rolling around holding his face as his two friends try to comfort him into feeling better.

"L-Lin?"

"Lin!"

"Yo-You guys! H-He's not resp-responding!" My thrashing stops and Ronnie and Ace let go of me, I turn around and go to Callian's body on the floor.

"Cal?" I shake his body gently, gulping at the silence.

"Callian! Wake up!" My hand goes to his pulse and I could feel the decreasing rate. Silence.

"No no no, we have to go to the hospital!" I pick up his body and start to head to the door.

"Kai call your parents." Ace says, Xavier joins our pace as he sees us walking towards the door.

"O-Okay." My hands were trembling, the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"Ace unlock your door." His car beeps and he opens the back seat, I set Callian down

"Give me the keys." Ace throws me the keys and I get in. Locking the door and turning on the car, back out of the parking lot quickly.  I take a quick glance in the back at Callian, his face was covered in blood and bruises.  I grip the steering wheel harder and step on the gas peddle.

"Sir Mr Newman will be going in for a second CAT scan, then the doctor will put him on a IV."

"Does he know when he will wake up?" I asks, running my hands through my hair.

"No, unfortunately not." I nod and the nurse walks off.

"God fucking damnit." Grumbling, my phone sets off into a ring and I pull it out.  My chest clenches at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answer softly, taking a seat in the waiting room.

"How is he?" I look around anxiously.

"Dion, how is my son?" I let out a sigh.

"Three broken ribs, a broken nose, sprained ankle, maybe a concussion, the doctors are checking now." It's silent on her end.

"Mrs Newman?" She clears her throat.

"Alec and I are out of town, we'll be on the next jet out." The phone hangs up and I'm left alone again.

"You'll need to take these antibiotics and ice the wound every night, don't skip a day.  The nurse over there will help you with the billing."

"Are you fucking serious?" My head turns to the front and my fist clench onto each other.

"If that's all." Prince waves him away, my jaw clenches and unclenches.  Prince lets out a groan and looks around in disbelief.  He stops when he spots me.

"What the hell are you looking at?!" I smirk and wave at him cheekily.

"I should've hit you harder." He flinches at my monotone tone.

"You—"

"Maybe broke your arm?  Cracked a few ribs? Definitely should've broke your nose," I stand up and get closer to him.

"Or I should've made sure your bitch looking face wouldn't be seen around the school ever again."  Prince backs away from me and grits his teeth.

"Was that a threat to my son?" I step back and glare at the older man.

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't." I retort.

"I don't like your tone boy."

"I don't like you old man."

"Don't cause more trouble for yourself boy, I already got you for assault."

Imma bout to make it a double assault.

"Then I will charge for the attempt of murder."  A chill runs up my spine at voice, freezing me on the spot.

"With what evidence?" Kelly grabs my hand and pulls me behind him, holding onto my hand tightly.

"This." He pulls out his phone and shows a video to the two.  The old man snarls and yanks the phone out of Kelly's hand and throws it onto the floor,  it's pieces scattering all over the floor.

"What evidence now." I jerk ahead, ready to hit but I'm pulled back gently by Kelly.

"I thought you would be a rather smart man but I guess I was wrong." The man brings up his finger and waves it in Kelly's face.

"You better know your place boy, I can make you lose that job of yours in seconds." I feel Kelly tightens his grip on my hand.

"Do not patronize me Mr Ridges. In school I may only be a coach but outside of school I can take your whole network down with just a click. If you want to talk about threats, I will give you one." Kelly lets go of my hand and steps forward, being a whole head taller than the man.

"If you or your son come anywhere close to my family or my Dionysus....." He moves closer to the side of the mans head and whispers something.

"Got it?" The man mumbles something but he nods and walks away.

"Dion-"

"Shut your fucking mouth." I answer, Prince cowers and hurries after his dad.  Kelly turns to me and my eyes widen.  This whole time I could only see the side of his face, not seeing the bruises and cuts all over his face.

"Where is he?" I gulp and stuff my hands into my pockets to resist the urge to reach up and touch his face.

"They took him in for another CAT scan to make sure that he doesn't have a concussion." My eyes couldn't focus on his, it ran all over his face, going over ever bruises, every cut.

Who could've done this too him?

"They're not sure when he will wake up?" I shake my head no and he nods.

"You should get your fist checked out." I look down to my hands.

"I think I'll be fine-" He stops a nurse midway.

"Make sure you check on his fist, do not let him leave without bandagin' them." The nurse nods and turns to me with a smile.

"Are you ready to go sir?" I look from the nurse to Kelly.

"Can you come with me?" I asks softly, flinching away from the nurse as she moves closer.  Kelly looks at me with a unknown emotion before nodding.

"Sir before we continue, can I ask your relationship with this young man as he's still a minor."

"I am his significant other."