|022

I quickly finish my breakfast and I and Elliot move to the roof of the apartment, the sun rising, the slight breeze fanning my face.  I turn and stare at him.

His jaw clenched and eyes glistening, he looked dreamy against the skyline.

God, I sound like a lovesick puppy.

It's cause you are.

"Go on before the landlord comes up to tend his garden." Elliot looks at me and grins.

"Promise you won't be upset?" He spoke in a less formal matter, something I noticed he only did with his parents.

"Promise." He steps closer to me before opening his mouth again.

"I took your place to fight for Marcel and Daisy." My body froze and my breathing stopped.

"WHAT!?" I turn to him as he flinches.

Right, no loud noises.

"What?  When did you decided this?" He turns back to the view.

"The second I heard that they wanted you." My eyes widened and my heart skips.

"Elliot..." He turns back to me and a small smile was on his lips.

"Wait...I thought they made a deal for money instead of a fighter?" I asked, he bring his hand up to his hair and brushes the few loss strands back.

"They got both." I open my mouth to ask another question but he speaks before me.

"They'd still follow you even if they got the money, knowin that amount wouldn't be enough to set them up for the rest of their life."

"Because of Daisy." He side eyes me and nods.

"I didn't want you lookin over your shoulder for the rest of your life, you've done that enough."

"But Elliot...look at yourself." I turn to face him and stare at his side.

"Nothin I can't handle."  He turns towards me.

"Promise you, I'm not going to get killed.  Only been win streaks lately." I smile up to him.

"Are you bragging?  Is the Elliot Newman flaunting his talent?" He grins back.

"Perhaps."

"If you keep up this cocky act I might not like you anymore." One of his brows raise and he looks at me crazy.

"That's right, I like you Elliot Choo Newman." His eyes almost looked like they glowed and sparks flared. 

"Then you wouldn't oppose to a date tonight, would you?" My eyes widen.

"No..." I look away flustered and distraught from the sudden request.

"Mm okay, I'll pick you up at 7." I hear the roof door open and we both turn around.

"Landlord?" Elliot asks, I nod my head.

"Oh Dion, I didn't know you would be up here this early."

"Just catching the sunrise sir." He glances towards Elliot before snickering.

"Mmm whatever you say." He grins and winks when he notices Elliot turns away to answer a text.

"Well my momma wants me to head to her office, I will see you tonight." He kisses my cheek and walks off, I freeze in disbelief.

The fuck just happened

"You've got that boy kneeling for you and you don't even realize it."

"I think it's the other way around sir." He glances at me with a smile.

"Maybe the only competition you have is who loves one another more." I let out a chuckle before walking towards the roof door.

"Sir?" He looks over to me.

"You let him in yesterday didn't you?" He smiles and walks away with his hands behind his back. I smile at him and open the door to the roof and walk down the stairs.

Matchmaker playing at its finest.

"Nah you're fucking with me." I scoff.

"You don't believe me?  He clearly has the advantage." Ronnie looks at me and squints.

"Mm I don't know, he isn't doing the eye twitch thing he usually does when he lies."

"I do not do that." Ronnie and Ace look at each other and then back to me.

"Yes you do." I snarl and crunch up my nose, I glance up to the clock and stand up.

"Hey, where you going?" I open my mouth but my phone interrupts me. Ronnie picks it up and hands it to me, I answer and bring it to my ear.

"Hey."

"Hello, I just got out. I'll be there in a bit." I start walking towards my bedroom.

"Okay, I'm just about done getting ready. Do I need to wear anything specifically?" I hear a car door close and it starts.

"Wear whatever." I let out a sigh.

"Can you give me some clue?"

"Well, we'll be going for dinner and then I have something set up for after."

"Dinner as in, fancy restaurant or.."

"We'll be eating at the Willow." I nearly choked when he said the name.

"Ur I-"

"Oh Kai's calling, I'll be there in 10-20 minutes." The call ends and I'm stood there in shock.  Letting out another sigh I open my closet and grab my black dress shirt and black slacks.  Pulling up my pants as Ronnie and Ace tackle each other into my room.

"You alright there?" I ask, look down to button my pants.

"This nimwit keeps-"

"You're the one that keeps taking my shit." I look over to them and stare in disappointment.

"Don't give us that look." Ronnie says, pouting just the slightest.

"Well don't break anything, half this shit I didn't buy." I say, tucking in my shirt and grabbing my dress shoes.

"Where you goin?" Ace asks, standing up and look up and down suspiciously.

"Somewhere." Grabbing the bracelet from off my dresser and clipping it on.

"No!" I glance at Ronnie.

"You're going on a date~." Ronnie teases.

"At least I can get one."  I pat his back and walk out of my room.

"Hey!" My phone dings and I pull it out and look down at it.

Elliot
CMESSAGE 6:58
I'm here

"I'm going, make sure you lock the doors!" I shout as I close the front door and start my way down to the ground floor.

Tapping my foot to the elevator music, slowly ascending down.  The elevator dings and the door opens and a women walks, her eyes pressed to her phone. A couple seconds pass before we hit the ground floor and I'm walking out of the elevator, the women looking up for the first time.

"Wait-"

"Are you ready?" My lips form into a smile and I nod as I walk towards him.

"Were you waiting long?" I ask, he shakes his no.

"Only a couple minutes." He grabs my hand and intertwines them.

From the first moment that we touched, your arms felt like home.