|008

I let out a sigh and fall onto the couch, dead tired from work and school.

My mind was occupied by the conversation I had overheard yesterday.

Kelly punched Callian biological dad?  And Mrs. Newman is not mad?

These questions kept coming up and it gave me a headache.  I knew that Callian didn't know his parents well because he was adopted at a young age but something didn't seem right if his biological parents were coming back.

"Fuck." I grab my phone and scroll through my contact list before clicking on Kai's.

Kai
CMESSAGE 00:09 PM
Hey, can I have Kelly's #?

Dion
CMESSAGE 00:09 PM
Yeah! (+1 389 762 0938) why?

Kai
CMESSAGE 00:10 PM
Oh, I need to ask him something about the next coming vb game

I stare at the number for a bit before pressing on it and hitting the call button.

"Hello." His voice sounded rough and husky, sending chills throughout my body.

"Kelly?" Theres shuffling before I hear a faint cough and he answers.

"Dionysus?  Did you need somethin?" He sounded sick, stuffed nose and I'm guessing a light cough.

"Yeah, can you meet later tonight?" Fidgeting slightly in my seat.

"I can do 00:30 at the diner on 5th." I smile at his response.

"Ok, I'll meet you there." He hangs up and I look around before standing up and grabbing my jacket and keys.

The Newman house or as Callian puts it, manor, wasn't far. Maybe a 10 minute drive down but I wasn't sure where Kelly lived, whether with his parents or by himself as he could afford to do so. I was curious. Not knowing much about the man that might have your interest doesn't do well for the heart.

"Hello! What can I get for you tonight?" I look down briefly before answering.

"A strawberry milkshake." She nods and walks off.

I didn't live far from the diner nor the school, it was a five to ten minute drive depending on how fast I were to drive.  Sure it was convenient to be close to everything but it didn't come with its upsets.  Sketchy roads, drug addicts, drunk men, the neighborhood was a death wish for a women.

"You seem to be in deep thought" I look up as he sits.  I let out a sigh.

"Something's need to change." I murmur, half expecting him not to hear me.  He stares blankly at me before letting out a breath of his own.

"You sounded distressed, is somethin wrong?"  His voice had dropped a few octaves like he was trying to disguise how raspy and clog it really was before.

"I heard about the situation yesterday and was hoping in anyway I could help."  Callian is like a little brother to me, I'd do anything to protect his happiness.

"..."

"Here is your milkshake, oh!  Didn't mean to interpret." We both turn to the waiter and Kelly stares at her for a second before turning back to me.