Chapter Twenty

This story takes place on Earth 38 with Kara and Lena from Earth 38 and Kara and Lena from Earth 2.

-

Lena heard the ruckus from her little office and walked outside. She saw six figures standing in the entrance. Kara? And me? With kids? Suddenly Kara fell and was caught by the other version of herself

"Kara!" Was shouted by the other Lena. Everyone ran over to her and a gurney was soon wheeled over to them.

"I don't know what happened, she was fine." Lena from Earth 2 said. Lena walked back into her office and shut the door. She slid her back down the wall and began to cry. She still felt like she wanted Kara gone and she shouldn't. Or should I? She thought. She let all the thoughts about Kara's lies swirl through her head.

-

Kara was connected to machines and sunlamps to regenerate her energy and help. Her body began to strengthen and her eyes began to flutter. Lena was patiently eating for her to wake up. When her eyes were fully open they fell to Lena. "Oh my god Kara don't ever do that again!" Lena said and wrapped her arms around Kara. "You collapsed in my arms I thought we were gonna lose you."

"H-hey I'm fine," Kara smiled. "I just felt like everything had slipped away when we landed," Kara added. Lena looked at her oddly.

"What do you mean?" Lena asked. She sat on the bed with Kara. Still holding her hand tightly.

"When my feet hit the ground I felt dizzy, and like I was fading." Kara said. She took a deep breath before speaking again. "Everything felt like it was slipping away, colour, sound and everything else."

"You're explaining death." Lena from Earth 38 said. "That's what most people who survive it say it feels like" she added.

"But I've died before and it never felt like this, when I died I was empty and alone." Kara said towards Lena from Earth 2. "I was shouting for everyone to hear me, to come and find me but it was no use, this was different, I was with everyone I loved and where I was supposed to be." Lena from Earth 2 smiled.

"You were with Rao, that's why it was different." Lena from Earth 2 said.

"M-maybe I was." Kara smiles. Lena decided she wasn't needed here. She didn't want to be there either. Lena went outside and called her driver she needed to go home. Being near the Kara who broke her in every way possible would not be good.

-

Kara was discharged in an hour and able to go home. She sighed in relief actually being able to go home. She flew home quickly and changed once she was inside. The minute she walked into the kitchen there was a knock at the door. She opened the door and was met by emerald green eyes. Her eyes fell to the floor. "W-what are you doing here?" Kata asked nervously.

"I came here because I want to hear the truth from you, I need for you to be honest with me for once." Lena said as she pushed past Kara.

"O-okay, I can do that." Kara said. She knew that trying to defend herself wasn't worth it. Not when Lena already hated her.

"Did you keep your identity from me because i was a Luthor?"  Lena blurted. Kara finally looked up and met Lena's eyes.

"No, I-I kept my identity to keep you safe." Kara said. "All I wanted was to keep you safe and in return I lost the one thing that mattered." Lena rolled her eyes.

"Oh don't get all sappy Supergirl!" Lena shouted. Kara jumped. Lena noticed this and softened a bit. "Did you just jump because of me?" Lena asked. Kara backed away.

"It's not a big deal Ms.Luthor, but I'm r-really tired," Kara said softly. She had no fight left in her. Lena nodded and walked into the hallway. She closed the door and stood there for a moment. Was Kara actually afraid of me? She asked herself. She heard faint sobs come from inside of Kara's apartment and placed her ear to the door.

"I thought I could do it, but I can't." Kara sobbed. "I can't do this anymore." Lena heard footsteps grow distant and knew Kara had gone to her bed.

-sorry I took so long to update guys. I hope you enjoy this chapter even if it's all over the place.