chapter sixty-seven

[ DECEMBER 31ST ]

[ DECEMBER 31ST ]

"will you please just come on, your skin looks beautiful the way it is. now let's go before the others leave without us."

jaemin huffed as he sat down the makeup nayeon had lent him and stood up. "are you sure?" he asked, feeling self cautious about a pimple on the side of his cheek.

jiyoung smile and gripped his chin, pulling him down a bit to leave a soft kiss on the blemish, "yes, i'm sure. now come on, nayeon's blowing up my phone."

the two walked out of the house and into jaemin's car, following after donghyuck's car that carried himself, mark, renjun. in front of them was chenle and jisung riding with jeno and nayeon.

when they finally arrived at the last dance the school was holding, they all hopped out of the cars and began walking inside.

the five single boys of the group had decided against finding dates for the dance, instead thinking it'd be much more fun with each other.

"promise not to light anything on fire this year?" jiyoung heard jeno ask donghyuck.

she snickered to herself as donghyuck shrugged. "hey,  we're about to be inaugurated. we have a reputation to uphold now, don't go ruining it in less than a month," she laughed.

after the fight between jiyoung and hyunjoon, she had been gifted her rightful certification as the new air councilmen.

she and the three boys were already experiencing a painful amount of responsibility on their shoulders without even formally beginning their work but having each other and the senior councilmen with them made the learning a lot easier.

after finding out that jiyoung was going to be given the role of councilmen, soojin had freaked out, throwing a tantrum in front of practically everyone.

her parents were embarrassed, to say the least, and jiyoung heard from her mother that soojin had been grounded and wasn't allowed to leave the house until march.

speaking of her mother, after hyunjoon was taken away, jiyoung was allowed to stay at jinae's house to finally reconnect with her birth mother.

there, jinae told her more about her own life and how much she had thought of jiyoung. a special piece of information she gave jiyoung was that her real name was actually minji, which was the name she heard in one of her nightmares.

although she thought the name was beautiful, both of them agreed that jiyoung fit her very well and she decided it's be best to just keep that name. but her last name had been officially changed from ong back to son.

jiyoung also continued with her training, later on, only taking a few days off per her friend's requests before complaining so much they agreed to let her go back.

it was a bit strange seeing how quickly jiyoung managed to master each element. it was even stranger to see how her eyes changed colors so much but each of them were undoubtedly fascinated by it. chenle and jisung taking no time off from telling her how jealous they were of her eyes.

now that was new for jiyoung. she hadn't ever heard anyone compliment her eyes yet alone say they wanted them. she knew they probably meant the way they could change colors but she still appreciated their enthusiasm.

loud music coursed through the cold air as teenagers and young adults accompanied each other on the dance floor, the sound of foot-tapping being heard from all different directions.

it wasn't even an hour later before the group of nine decided to leave.

they went back to renjun and jaemin's house, finding their way to the roof. each of them laid down together, staring up at the night sky with blankets covering them to keep the cold from affecting them.

"the sky is so pretty," jiyoung commented, laying her head down on jaemin.

each of them stayed quiet, staring up at the twinkling lights as time passed. mark had turned on some calming background music, making the arrangement even more comfortable.

soon enough it was already 11:59 and they all waited patiently together for the last minute to click. when it finally did, they all formed a bit group hug, yelling happy new years together.

jiyoung stepped back from the group and picked up her cup of water. she glided her left hand slowly at first and then shot them upwards, sending small crystals of ice into the sky. they stayed up for a bit with her air bending.

the others looked at the crystals with awing eyes, the glowing pieces looking more than beautiful. jiyoung watched with them until she felt jaemin looking at her.

"kiss?" he asked with a happy smile. she laughed quietly and leaned forward, connecting both of their lips.

"i love you so much, son jiyoung."

"and i love you just as much, na jaemin. thank you for giving me a new idea of what home truly is." she smiled up at him, her eyes turning a shade of gold.

when we look at each other under this light
i secretly laugh and forget everything, yeah
cause i'm not alone
you become a warm home to me
the me of yesterday and the present and the tomorrow to come
it all starts from home

from home, nct

 last chapter tomorrow 🥺+ the surprises!!

+ the surprises!!

chapter 65 may peak some interests of a few and possibly lead u on w some clues abt the future 😏