chapter thirty-four

"those guys are my parents," he pointed to an older lady and man

"those guys are my parents," he pointed to an older lady and man. both had donghyuck's famous red eyes. his mother had his hazel hair and button nose while his father had his eyes and smile.

"it's nice to finally meet you, jiyoung." the older woman smiled, nodding sweetly. his father offered up a smile.

"those are jeno's parents." she recognized the women from the acupuncture session she had prior to the hangout. the older man also had many resemblances to his son.

"nice to finally meet you." his father spoke.

"chenle's mother," a non-bender. the first one out of the adults she had noticed. her mated dark magenta lipstick stuck out beautifully, going hand in hand with her blouse and pants.

"sorry, chenle's father couldn't be here to meet you. he's out on a business trip." she apologized shyly.

"it's okay," jiyoung nodded, speaking softly.

"then as you know, nayeon's parents."

"nice to see you again, jiyoung!"

nayeon's parents had practically adopted jiyoung when she wasn't with the whole group or at her own house. they saw her as a positive influence on nayeon and were more than happy having the two girls studying together as nayeon's grades got even better in just a short time.

"marks parents," they both radiated the same warmth that mark emitted when he hung out with the younger kids. even by just looking at them you could tell they raised their son in a comforting environment and were good people.

the two greeted jiyoung with smiles, happy to finally meet the girl. although mark and jiyoung weren't the closest in the group, they were still amazing friends who stuck with one another to make sure the others didn't do anything too dumb.

"renjun's parents," both just as intimidating as their son. they still seemed nice enough, their resting faces showing smiles that matched their son's as they greeted jiyoung.

"of course, jisung's mother and father." just looking at the two major's of the republic made jiyoung want to shrink. of all the parents, jisung's were the most known. his mother being a councilman while his father was a top master. they fit each other well.

"jiyoung, it was a pleasure meeting you earlier. your moves are very pointed and skillful. i never got to ask, are you an air bender by any chance? it seemed as if you were floating earlier." he asked, only half-joking with his question.

jiyoung was quick to shake her head after registering the question, "n-no. just a normal water bender. i was, uh, just really flexible and good at controlling my body since i was younger."

his father nodded.

"and then lastly, jaemin's parents." just looking at the two gave jiyoung enough time to realize where jaemin had gotten his famous looks from. each of the others were extremely good looking and you could see they all got their parents good looks buts jaemin's parents were basically perfect in terms of looks.

"nice to meet-"

her words cut off when jaemin interjected, taking both jiyoung's and donghyuck's hands as he pulled them away. "yes, it's nice meeting everyone but we can't keep the others waiting."

jiyoung glanced at jaemin's figure pulling them away, then turned to donghyuck who only shrugged.

it was definitely weird the way jaemin pulled them away from the adults before even being able to say hello to his parents but she didn't want to question his behavior, just continuing on and getting all the supplies.

they returned soon to the others, plopping themselves down and beginning their movie marathon to pass time before dinner.

the lee's living room consisted of 3 different couches. one long one, two short ones. each a luxury black leather. on the long couch sat jaemin, jiyoung, and then donghyuck. on the smaller couch to their left sat jeno and nayeon, laying against each other. on the last small couch to the right sat chenle and jisung, their feet meeting in the middle as they both leaned against the armrests. mark and renjun made themselves comfortable in laying positions on the floor, pillow under their heads. everyone had their own blankets except jeno and nayeon, the two sharing one large one.

the large tv was straight ahead of the large couch, making it easy for everyone to see.

three hours passed before they were called into the kitchen to prepare their plates. each of them fooled around as they made their plates and returned to the living room after thanking the grown-ups for their meal. another movie began but a knock on the door caused for it to be paused.

"i got it," donghyuck called, standing up to go open the door. the others waited patiently for him to return.

"oh! hello, ms. jinae."

"hello, donghyuck. please, i've told you, just jinae will be alright."

he was quick to return after telling her where the other grown-ups were at. when he got back, he took his seat at the end of the couch next to jiyoung.

"who was that?" jiyoung asked curiously, scooting over for him.