chapter sixty-eight

[ chapter sixty-eight: epilogue ]

jaemin shuffled his hands nervously, perfecting his hair to the greatest of his abilities

jaemin shuffled his hands nervously, perfecting his hair to the greatest of his abilities. the dark strands were all styled nicely, not slicked back but not spread around like he had just rolled out of bed.

a knock on his bedroom door pulled him away from the mirror as he shuffled to go see who was knocking.

his smiling girlfriend walked inside, a new white dress with small black accents complimenting her form. her hair was in a half-up, half-down hairdo. her baby hairs were out, naturally curly themselves.

jaemin was wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt, a black and white checkered flannel on top with a black leather jacket topping it off.

"why do you seem more nervous than me?" she smiled, staring up at jaemin as she fixed a few more pieces of his hair to her liking.

jaemin stared down at her with a nervous smile, "what if they don't like me? like, what if they don't think i'm a good enough boyfriend for you and-"

jiyoung tiptoed upward slightly, kissing his lips to keep from letting him ramble any longer. she finally backed away again, gold swirls in her pupils.

"jaemin, i haven't even met them before. don't worry, we're going in there together. and i promise, even if they don't like you, you shouldn't take it to heart. i'm the one in this relationship, i get to decide if i want to stay with you or not."

jaemin nodded, his nerves calming down only a bit. jiyoung smiled softly, grabbing his left hand as they made their way downstairs.

"can you guys pick me up some food on your way back?" renjun asked from the couch. jiyoung and jaemin agreed, the two hugging their friend before leaving.

before jiyoung could step out the back door, she heard renjun yell something from inside. "also, jaemin gets extra clingy when he's nervous!"

"you two dressed up nicely," jinae smiled at the two kids, placing her handbag on her shoulder

jiyoung thanked her. "we're both a bit nervous, especially jaemin." she admitted, holding jaemin's left hand with both of hers now.

jinae walked towards the boy with the same motherly smile she always had around the group of friends, "i wouldn't be worried. they're both great ladies and i'm sure they're more than happy to know you're coming along."

jaemin smiled, thankful for more words of encouragement to keep him from feeling any sicker.

the couple followed after jiyoung's mother, making their way back outside to finally leave. jinae drove by herself in her own car while jaemin drove jiyoung's car, said girl in the passenger seat while holding one of his hands.

she looked out the car's windows, almost just as nervous as her boyfriend. in a soothing motion, she rubbed the back of his hand, making his breathing calm.

soon enough they were pulling into a mansion type of house, white paint on the outside with beautiful plants creating a walkway to the front door. the house had a large black gate surrounding it, a guard at the entrance for anyone coming to get inside.

jinae pulled up to the gate, the guard putting on a genuine smile seeing the familiar lady. she said something, making the guard look back at the couple's car before letting them both through.

they pulled into a place with other cars, parking and getting out to follow jinae. as soon as they got close to the front door, it opened. an older lady opened the door, a white apron over her clothes.

"it's nice to see you again, jinae." she smiled, opening the door widely for the three. "i'm guessing you two are jiyoung and jaemin? ms. soomin and ms. jieun and very excited to meet you two."

the younger two of the four smiled happily, afterward getting informed the lady they were talking to was one of the maids, jungsoon.

"they're out back next to the pool waiting for you all, if you're ready, we can head out there now." the three complied, following her outside.

"everything's so green here," jaemin muttered under his breath while looking around, making jiyoung giggle.

"jinae!" she heard two older voices shout happily, drawing their attention to them.

the two ladies took notice of jaemin and jiyoung, patting each other excitedly. they both stood up slowly, using their canes for support. they introduced themselves.

jiyoung's grandmothers from both sides.

"jaemin, we've heard a lot about you from jinae and you're parents. we're happy to finally meet you," jieun spoke, getting closer and tapping the back of his hand.

"it's nice to meet you as well." he bowed respectively, thankful for the warm welcome. jiyoung smiled up at him, her boyfriends pearly white smile enough to make her more than happy.

soomin stepped forward towards the two, "you two have very beautiful smiles." she looked between the two, becoming teary-eyed suddenly.

"what's wrong?" jiyoung asked immediately, for some reason already beginning to tear up, herself.

soomin shook her head, a smile still on her face. "oh, it's nothing. just happy to have one of my babies back." jaemin looked down, wiping his girlfriend's tears for her. jiyoung gripped his hand tighter and stepped forward, wrapping her empty arm around her father's mother.

 jiyoung gripped his hand tighter and stepped forward, wrapping her empty arm around her father's mother

━━ • 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗 • ━━

HOME is now complete!

this book started around 201016.
i finished writing it on 201226.
and it should be completely published by 210122 :)

honestly, this book was pretty fun to write but i know i have so much to work on before i'm even considered "good" at writing.

in the future i will work harder to create new books with good writing and i hope that i will see some of you all there as well.

well i guess that's it, hopefully, you all enjoyed it and stick around for more later on. if you need me, just message me here or on instagram @/simplydreamies or write on my message board!

i love you all and appreciate your support through the making of this book.

home;
simplydreamies