chapter thirty-six

jinae's heart stopped for a moment seeing the girl's peculiar eye color

but her feet once again began moving when she saw jiyoung remove a container from her back pocket and plopped the contacts inside. placing it firmly in her grasp, she turned while still looking at them.

for some reason jinae felt stuck, she wanted to ask the girl different questions about her eyes and her background but she couldn't bring herself to it.

instead, she turned the corner just barely out of sight from the bathroom doorway and watched as jiyoung walked out and over to her bag by the door.

her knees bent with a snap that immersed an "ow." carefully, she placed the container from her back pocket into her bag she brought from earlier and pulled out another one that was practically identical to the last, along with a bottle.

jinae watched quietly as she stepped inside the bathroom, this time the door shutting fully. her feet picked up once again after hearing the door click. she went over to grab her stuff and once again put her shoes back on.

swiftly in one motion, she was out of the house and already on her way to the white car she drove everywhere.

inside the house, jiyoung managed to put the new contacts in and return back to the living room.

she noticed everyone was still in the same positions from before she left the room. the sound of ticking caught her hearing, making her glance at where the sound was being emitted from.

above the large tv was a digital clock that displayed the time, day, month, and weather outside at the current moment.

only 8:27 PM

a small smile found its way to her lips as she walked over to jeno and nayeon, new ideas sprouting in her mind.

"nayeon, nayeon!" she shook her.

nayeon's eyes brushed open from small to larger, finally regaining consciousness and her senses.

"yes?" she yawned, stretching her arms out by her side.

"wanna go raid a convenience store?"

nayeon sleepily smiled at the younger girl, "hell yeah."

she nodded slightly, letting out another quiet yawn as she removed the blanket and shifted her body. feeling the lack of warmth, jeno also began to come awake.

"what's happening?" he asked as if in a panicked state, his feet reaching the group in a blur motion as he looked between the two girls.

they stuffed their laughs and nayeon stood up, holding her hand out for jeno to grab- which he did without complaint.

"we're gonna go raid a store. wanna come?" nayeon asked, bending her back and stretching her toes- satisfied once hearing the popping sound.

jeno sleepily nodded, "want me to wake them?"

they looked around at the other six in the room sprawled out like animals. splitting up, they began waking up two each.

nayeon woke the babies, jeno woke mark and renjun, and then jiyoung woke donghyuck and jaemin. neither boys on her end being too happy with having to actually get up.

they all spread out, taking a minute to stretch and revive themselves. or at least some of them did. the three youngest boys were not too fond of being woken up and just sat with pouts on their faces while donghyuck went to tell the adults where they were headed.

"car arrangements?"

"couple and babies with donghyuck. remaining people in my car." mark lead, walking to put on his shoes with the rest following suit.

they all made their way outside and got to their respective cars.

"you taking the front seat?" jiyoung asked renjun.

he nodded, "i'm not too big a fan of sleepy jaemin."

"