chapter thirty-three

the five teenagers immediately got to their feet, bowing respectively

the five teenagers immediately got to their feet, bowing respectively. although the man was jisung's father, it was crucial they still showed respect for a master.

jiyoung froze momentarily after the compliment, not expecting another pair of eyes watching her from the doorway. her brain thanked her for managing to land in a good stance. if she had messed up in front of a master- specifically the master who also happened to be jisung's father- she would have to go into hiding.

the older man bowed back to the group and walked inside, sitting down his things to begin class. after spectating for a third of the class, the girls were ready to go see what mark and chenle were up to.

before they could leave, jisung's father stopped them to give them a quick notice.

"myself and all of the other parents will be joining each other for dinner later today when practice is completed. will you two girls be joining?"

the two looked between each other, shrugging. nayeon turned back to the older man, confirming they'd both be attending the dinner as well.

"oh and jiyoung, i meant to ask if you're father would like to come as well? none of us knew how to get in contact with him so we were hoping you'd ask if he wanted to attend."

jiyoung nodded, "i'll be sure to ask."

she wasn't going to ask. she already knew the answer.

 she already knew the answer

"your house is awesome." jiyoung complimented donghyuck, walking beside him and the others into the large mansion.

"thanks. i've lived here my entire life, don't know anything else except this place. of course, that's if you don't count the other's houses. since we're over there all the time as well."

the group of nine walked into the house, the first room they entered being an empty space for shoes, jackets, and other things to place down before actually walking around.

everyone sat down their shoes and keys, making sure to hang them where they'd remember later when it was time to leave.

the sound of footsteps echoed the large house as everyone found their way to a room- specifically the living room where they'd planned to watch some movies together before it was time to eat.

"who's going to get the popcorn?"

"rock, paper, scissors?"

"donghyuck, jaemin, and jiyoung lose. pick up some drinks while you guys are in there, as well."

the three complained as they stood up from the couches, going into the kitchen where all the adults- besides jiyoung's father- spoke to one another and caught up.

when they saw the three teenagers enter, they went silent for a moment.

"oh, jiyoung! we should introduce you to everyone." donghyuck noted, understanding the look on his mother's face and why no one was speaking any longer.

jiyoung nervously nodded, switching vision from donghyuck to jaemin to keep from having to look at any of the looming figures sitting at the dining table.

although she had been friends with everyone for a while, she hadn't actually made contact with any of their parents one on one before, besides nayeon's parents and jeno's mother.

each of them had their own jobs and lives that kept them busy. each of them finding themselves working as councilmen, acupuncturists, therapists, masters, professors, businessmen, and etc.

"those guys are my parents,"

guess jaemin just gonna pretend he ain't see her eyes change that that huh 👁👁