007

THIRD PERSON

"Saan tayo? Who are we meeting with?" takang tanong ni Eunice.

It's been days since they got back together, after that video went viral. Kasalukuyan silang nasa kotse ngayon, off to somewhere unbeknownst to Eunice. She thought it was just a normal date between her and Jaiden, but realized she was wrong as soon as Jaiden said they were meeting with someone.

Jaiden smiled at her. "My parents."

Eunice was stunned. Hindi niya in-expect ang senaryong 'yon. She was going to meet her boyfriend's parents for the first time! Ni hindi man lamang siya nakapaghanda.

"Bakit hindi mo kaagad sinabi?!" she asked, panicking. "Hindi ako prepared!"

As she said that, both of them looked down on what Eunice was wearing. She only wore a white, graphic tee tucked into her high waisted pants. She really wasn't ready.

"Relax, love," Jaiden cooed, slightly laughing at how anxious his girlfriend became. "You look perfect."

"'Perfect' my ass! Wala akong ka-ayos-ayos!" she retorted, still annoyed because he didn't tell her much sooner.

Jaiden only chuckled, then he gazed at his wristwatch. It was five minutes before the afternoon. Tamang-tama dahil lunch ang usapan nila. With how fast the car was moving, malamang ay wala pang limang minuto, naroon na sila.

Just like what he expected. Makalipas nga ang ilan pang minuto, nakarating na sila sa tahanan ng mga Vixen. It was bigger than what Eunice envisioned. Mas malaki pa nga ito sa bahay nila. It wasn't even a house. A mansion would be the right word to describe it.

Iyon ang kauna-unahang pagkakataong nakita at napuntahan ni Eunice ang bahay nina Jaiden. Ever since they became a couple, she has only seen his dorm, where he and his friends stayed at. The sight was new to her.

"Let's go," Jaiden urged, taking his seat belt off.

"Wait lang, wait," pigil sa kaniya ni Eunice. Jaiden looked at her, his forehead creased. Liningon naman siya ng nobya. "Kinakabahan ako."

He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Ah, his girlfriend was so cute whenever she was nervous. Not that she isn't when she's not, but her cuteness was different whenever she panicked about small things. That's what Jaiden thought.

"Love," he called, reaching her hand that was getting cold from her nervousness. "'Wag kang kabahan. Just act how you would. They'll love you, I promise."

Somehow, his words made Eunice calm down. It always does. Not once did he fail to make her feel at peace.

"Sigurado ka?" she asked for more assurance, still nervous as hell.

"Yes, I am," Jaiden answered with a smile on his face. "Now, can we go?"

Eunice closed her eyes and took one deep breath. After that, minulat niya ulit ang kaniyang mga mata at lumingon sa kasama. She gave him a smile back, slightly nodding.

"Okay."

With that, sabay na bumaba ang dalawa mula sa kotse. Jaiden reached for her hand as soon as he could to make her feel less anxious, if that was even possible.

"We're here." anunsyo ni Jaiden nang makapasok sa bahay.

Eunice heard muffled noises from somewhere inside the house, ngunit nang lumipas ang mga sandali ay naging klaro na ang mga boses na kaniyang naririnig. Seconds passed, until she finally saw a person coming from what she thinks is the kitchen.