010

Warning: This chapter contains mature scenes and effects that are not suitable for young audiences. Read at your own risk.

content warnings:
infidelity, violence, death

———

THIRD PERSON

"Jeniva? Jeniva, nandiyan ka ba?"

Napabalikwas ng bangon si Jeniva na kasalukuyang nasa kama nang marinig ang boses ng asawa mula sa labas ng kuwarto. She panicked, not just because his husband had gotten home early, but because there was a man with her inside. Kabit niya.

"Sabi mo hindi uuwi ang asawa mo?!" the man whisper-shouted in a panic.

"He wasn't supposed to!" Jeniva shouted back, making sure her husband doesn't hear. "Get up! Hide somewhere! Go!"

Sa closet nagtungo ang lalaki, at saktong pagkapasok nito ay ang pagbukas ng pinto ni Denver at ang pagpasok nito sa kuwarto. And for the nth time, unbeknownst to her poor husband, Jeniva got away with her crime.

"Go. Umalis ka na! He might catch you!" utos ni Jeniva sa lalaking kabit nang matiyempuhan niyang nasa banyo ang asawa at naliligo.

With no other choice, the guy exited through the window at the kitchen, dahil alam ni Jeniva'ng walang ibang makakakita sa kanila roon. No one will no what she's been doing behind her husband's back. No one will no how she loved another husband... a husband that's not vowed to her.

Or so she thought.

Little did she know, someone was there. Someone watched her sneak her man mistress. Someone knew her secret. Someone was about to expose her.

As Jeniva made her way upstairs, she stopped halfway through the stairs when she heard a familiar voice. The voice of her brother-in-law's wife.

"Wow. How romantic was that? Sneaking a man out of the kitchen window, Jeniva? Seriously?" the woman blurted out, clutching her chest while acting surprised.

"Clara..." banggit ni Jeniva sa pangalan nito. "Clara, I can explain myself—"

"Oh, no need. What I saw does not need further context," Clara said, advancing. Umakyat din siya ng hagdan at nakarating sa tabi ni Jeniva. "You're unbelievable, Jeniva. Hindi ka na naawa sa asawa mo."

Hindi nakapagsalita si Jeniva. Inaamin niyang mali siya, but she just can't stop. She's always craving for more. More than just love. More than just lust.

"Ano sa tingin mo'ng magiging reaksiyon ng pamilya mo? Si Denver? Si Jaiden? Ano sa tingin mo'ng mararamdaman nila kapag nalaman nilang may kabit ka... at kabit ka rin?" banta ni Clara.

Paulit-ulit na umiling si Jeniva, slowly pointing her finger at the woman in front of her. "No... You are not telling them—"

"Oh, I will! Watch me, I will!" Clara shouted, naghahamon.

Walang sabi-sabi, Clara shoved Jeniva out of the way and stomped up the stairs, on her route to tell Jeniva's poor husband what she's been doing and how she's been snaking around. Jeniva panicked, so she grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

Then she made the biggest mistake of her life.

Dahil sa galit, nang mahila ni Jeniva ang babaeng akmang magbubunyag ng sikreto niya ay agad niya itong tinulak pababa ng hagdan. Her mouth gaped at her sudden move. Maski siya ay hindi iyon inasahan. It was because of panic! Hindi niya sinasadya.