026

JAIDEN

"Gawin nyo na lang 'yong mga in-assign ko sa inyo. Puwede na kayong umuwi." our group leader said.

We were at his house right now, doing a group work. He lived in a subdivision which was unfamiliar to me. It's actually somewhere I've never been before.

"'Tol, pasabay," Teo, one of my best friend, told Clyde.

"Bakit? Wala ka bang kotse?" Clyde asked him, nakakunot ang noo.

Teo clicked his tongue. "Confiscated ni Daddy. Badtrip nga, eh."

Clyde nodded and agreed with him. Nagpaalam na ako sa kanila before I rode my own car. I was about to drive home when my phone made a sound.

From: Eleanor
Hi, babe! Meet up with me today?

I typed a reply.

To: Eleanor
Sorry, love. I'm heading home. Maybe next time.

She didn't reply after that. I felt bad because I knew na magtatampo sya sa'kin. Maybe I should visit her tomorrow.

I looked ahead and saw that my friends had already left. I rolled my eyes before I started driving. While I was, I saw a girl that was about to cross the road. I thought she was going to stop because she saw me approaching, pero tumawid pa rin sya. I almost ran over her!

"Miss, are you blind? Hindi ka ba tumitingin kapag tumatawid ka?" sabi ko.

She was mad. She started yelling at me.

"Anong paki mo kung masagasaan ako? Muntik mo na nga akong sagasaan, eh!" she yelled.

I asked her if she could stop shouting, but she only got madder and left. Tumawid na sya and went inside one of the houses. I only sighed before driving away.

I could stop thinking about her that night. She looked mesmerizing. But I knew I shouldn't. I had a girlfriend. And as I promised myself, I visited Eleanor the next day, only to find out she had been cheating on me.

"Jaiden, please. Let me explain!" habol nya. I was already leaving her unit.

She grabbed my arm, but I withdrew it from her and faced her. "I don't think there's anything you need to tell me. You were fucking with a guy, Eleanor. What more is there to explain?"

She only cried harder. I took that as an opportunity to leave. It hurt to see her with someone else. I truly loved her.

The next day, she still bugged me while at the campus. I was walking by the quadrangle, pero hinarangan nya ang dadaanan ko.

"Jaiden, please. Just let me explain! Let's talk." she pleaded.

I took a deep breath and turned to her. "I don't want to hear anything from you, Eleanor. We're over." I left her there.

Alam kong mali ang ginawa ko. I knew I shouldn't have broken up with her there. Maraming nakakita at nakarinig, it embarrassed her. Hindi ko sinasadyang masabi 'yon sa kanya.

We had to make our way through the crowd para lang makauwi. That's when I bumped into the girl again. I learned that her name was Eunice.

I still continued thinking about her. She just had this aura that I couldn't get off my mind. She was almost hypnotizing me, it was weird.