021

THIRD PERSON

"What were you doing, huh? What were you doing with her?!" galit na tanong ni Eleanor kay Jaiden na nasa harap nya.

Jaiden didn't respond. He only looked at the person in front of him with dull eyes. As he did not speak, mas nagalit pa si Eleanor.

"I said, what were you doing with her?!" buong puwersang sigaw nya.

"I was treating her wound." Jaiden said calmly, his voice was serious.

"I don't believe you," matigas na bulong ni Eleanor. "Hindi ako naniniwalang ginamot mo lang sya. Was she flirting with you, huh? Were you flirting with each other?!"

"If we were, what is it to you?" Jaiden said nonchalantly.

"What is it to me?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Eleanor. "I am your freaking girlfriend, Jaiden! Syempre may pakialam ako! It matters to me!"

Jaiden breathed, almost sighing. "We weren't fliriting, if that makes you feel better for yourself."

Eleanor scoffed. "Make sure you weren't, dahil sa oras na malaman kong naglalandian kayo, you know that—"

"We had a deal, Eleanor," Jaiden cut her words off, sounding very authoritative. "You make sure that as long as I am with you, that video is safe. Do you hear me?"

Eleanor puffed her cheeks. "You want me to keep that video safe?

Natahimik si Jaiden. Tiningnan nya lamang si Eleanor, waiting for what she was going to say.

"Stay away from Eunice," Eleanor said with conviction. "Stay away from her, and no one sees that video."

Jaiden kept silent. He didn't know what to say. Did he want to stay away from Eunice? No. No, he didn't want to avoid her. He could barely talk to her, how much harder would it be if he couldn't talk to her at all?

But he had to keep her safe. He had to protect her from the pain she could feel once that video gets unleashed. He couldn't affort to see her suffer. Not anymore.

Huminga ng malalim si Jaiden. As he exhaled, he met Eleanor's eyes. "Fine. I will."

Eleanor tried not to smirk. She was beyond happy to hear that he agreed to stay away from her enemy.

"You better stay away from her." she confidently said.

Jaiden stared at her one last time, trying. to read what she was thinking, then he walked away. Sinundan sya ng tingin ni Eleanor habang naglalakad ito palayo.

It feels good to know you're following me, Jaiden. Eleanor thought. But I'm sorry, baby. I never play fair.

***

EUNICE

"Ayos ka na ba talaga, bes?" Indigo asked me worriedly, eyeing my face.

I tried to laugh. "Oo nga, ayos na ako."

Nandito kami ngayon sa clinic dahil dito ako dinala ng teammate ko kanina nang makabalik sya mula sa phone call nila ng mama nya. Nakakahiya nga dahil naabutan nya pa akong umiiyak kanina.

"Oh, Eunice. Okay ka lang? Bakit ka umiiyak? Masakit ba 'yang pasa mo?" sunod-sunod nyang tanong nang balikan nya ako sa may bench na 'yon.