His Undying Love

Hey, everyone. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I just want to tell you how grateful I am to have such amazing supporters like you. You encourage me to continue writing. Thank you very much.

P.S. The poem is by Joanna Fuchs, but the letter is by me.

Athena's POV

The week was dragging by slowly, it was very frustrating. I tried concentrating on Caroline and Remus and the awkwardness between them.

For example, today is Wednesday and we are in Herbology class. I tried distracting myself from the glares that Theo and Sirius were throwing at each other, as usual, and watch Caroline and Remus who are in a group with Lily and James. Yes, I'm calling him James now since he made a scene how I now call all his friends by their first names except for him.

While Lily hasn't been too rude to James anymore, she is still not overly friendly with him, so she mostly talked to Caroline, who is more than willing to talk to her and ignore Remus. James didn't mind that much, since he is used to Lily's cold shoulder, Remus was deep in thought. He would look at Caroline for a minute then quickly look away and continue thinking.

"What do you think he's thinking about all the time?" asked Angie.

"No idea. He looks like he is trying to solve a puzzle," I said.

"Or daydreaming. He dreams then checks to see if she's still beside him then continues dreaming," Angie said. I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny?" asked Sirius.

"Nothing," I said after I stopped laughing.

"Oh come on," he groaned a bit loudly.

"Hold the roots while I pull the leaves," I said.

He rolled his eyes but did as told. Angie asked Theo to do the same to finish quicker, but he just stood there and did nothing.

"Hey, I'm telling you to hold it. We don't have all day and we have 4 more plants," Angie said.

"Do it yourself," he said with a glare.

"Hey, we're in a group, therefore, this is group work. Now do your part," I said, glaring back.

"Or what?" he dared.

Sirius was about to retort, but I beat him to it.

"What the hell has gotten into you, Theo? People break up all the time, get over it," I told him. I was fed up with his attitude.

"Yeah, but you left me for someone you don't even know. As if I'm not good enough," he said bitterly. I sighed.

"Theo, you are a great guy and I'm sure you are more than good enough for the right person for you, but I'm not that person. I just don't feel a strong romantic connection," I said, trying to word it as politely and as nicely as possible. 

"And you feel it with someone you never met? Or with Black? Or is there some third guy standing in line?" He said and my hand was itching to slap him.

"Watch your mouth," Angie said.

Theo rolled his eyes and I saw Sirius clenching his fists. I really hope he doesn't make it a scene.

"We broke up, my love life doesn't concern you," I said after taking a deep breath.

"Isn't it fishy that the guy hasn't revealed himself yet? Ever thought that it's a prank or something?" he asked.

"It's none of your business, Argent. She told you that it doesn't concern you, so shut it," Sirius said.