The Picnic

Athena's POV

After hanging out in Hogsmead, the girls and I decided to head back. They went to the castle and I went to The Black Lake since dinner is soon and I should be meeting Theo.

When I arrived at the spot where Theo and I usually hang out in, I saw a beautiful picnic set at the side of the lake. There were beautiful flowers scattered around and I saw two covered plates. I'm assuming they're dinner.

"Just on time, beautiful," came a voice behind me.

"This is lovely, Theo. Thank you," I said and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me back.

"Anything for you," he said and kissed my forehead.

We sat down and he immediately grabbed the plates and put them in front of us.

"Someone is hungry," I teased.

"Yes actually, I skipped lunch," he said.

"Why?"

"I was thinking what should I make you for dinner," he said then uncovered the plates to reveal mac'n'cheese.

"Oh my god! Did you cook this? How did you know?" I asked amazed.

"You mentioned that it's one of your favorite muggle food, so I looked it up and found a recipe," he said then rubbed his neck. "I hope it turned out alright, though."

"It smells great, and even if it wasn't delicious, it's the thought that counts," I said and leaned over to kiss his cheek and he blushed. That's cute.

I took the first bite and it was so delicious that I closed my eyes and moaned.

"I take that as you like it," Theo said as he stared at me.

"Like it? I love it!" I told him and took another bite. He followed suit and started eating.

"You're right, this is good," he said.

"See, I told you," I said.

"Yes, you did," he said.

We continued eating in a comfortable silence until we finished our plates.

"And now for dessert, I had the elves make good old classical chocolate brownies," he announced dramatically and pulled out a big bag full of brownies.

"A man after my heart, I see," I said with a huge smile opening the bag. I don't care how full I am, there is always room for brownies.

"Am I there yet?" he asked with a smile. I understood what he was asking. He was asking about my feelings for him.

A few days ago I would have said that he is half-way there. That I liked him so much that I was on my way to loving him. But it sounds wrong now. I like him and I like spending time with him. He is dear to me, but something is stopping me.

"Well, you certainly know the path," I smiled and started eating a brownie. The answer seemed to satisfy him because he smiled widely.

"So, you are not feeding me one?" he asked pointing at the batch.

"Nope. These are mine," I stated and putting my arms protectively around the bag.

"But I made them!"

"As an apology!" I said and he huffed and crossed his arms over his chest childishly. I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing and he was trying his best not to laugh but was failing miserably.

After I calmed down he was still pretending to be upset. So I did something cheesy. I fed him.

"Was that so hard?" he teased.