Decisions

Athena's POV

Angie was laughing like crazy when I told them that Theo and I were interrupted by some creature.

"Okay, when are you going to stop laughing? It's not even funny," I said and rolled my eyes.

"Well, it kind of is," said Lily, suppressing a giggle, "I mean I can imagine things getting heated and suddenly you hear something in the forest. I bet you looked like deers caught in the headlight."

"When you put it like that, it kind of is," I said with a shrug.

"So, then you were interrupted by Black?" asked Caroline.

"Yeah. It was unintentional. I mean, we were blocking the way. It was just bad timing, that's all," I said, "He looked pissed, though."

"Oh," mumbled Caroline, "Did he say anything?"

"Not really. Mostly that we were blocking his way. He doesn't really like Theo, for whatever reason, so maybe that's why he was pissed."

"Didn't it occur to you that he might be jealous?" Caroline asked. I looked at her like she has two heads.

"Black? Jealous? Over me? Are you crazy?" I said.

"It makes sense. Why else would he hate Theo when he never looked at him twice before?" Caroline said.

"Care has a point," Lily said.

"How do you know it's not because of something else?" I asked.

"These are The Marauders we are talking about. If they had a beef with anyone, the whole school would know," Angie said.

"I don't know. Even if he's jealous, it doesn't matter. He has no right over me," I said. Caroline sighed.

"Didn't you guys make up the other day?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah, so?"

"So, why don't you give him a chance?" she asked. I looked at her for a few seconds.

"Are you out of your mind, Caroline?!"

"I'm not. Everyone deserves a second chance," she argued.

"I agree, Caroline, everyone deserves a second chance, but Athena is with Theo. So giving Black a chance is out of question," Lily said.

"Thank you, Lily, the voice of actual reason," I said.

"What about the secret admirer?" Angie asked.

I thought for a second. I don't really know. The secret admirer has become a part of my life for a while. He is someone who claims that he's in love with me, but I don't know him.

"I don't know," I said honestly, "I really wish to know who it is, but, at the same time, I'm afraid. I don't want to lose Theo, but I want to know who it is."

"And are you willing to give him a chance? Whoever it is?" Lily asked.

"Probably. Why doesn't he reveal himself, though?" I wondered.

"Maybe he's scared," Caroline said.

"Athena isn't exactly a scary person, Care. That would be Lily," said Angie, getting hit by a pillow thrown by Lily, "Ouch!"

"She's not scary, but what if he's scared that she would reject him without giving him a chance based on something he did in the past," Caroline said.

"Something like what? I'm not judgemental either," I told her.

"No, but you're stubborn. If you don't like him without knowing he's the admirer, he would be afraid that you wouldn't give him a chance when he reveals himself," she explained.