Ambushed

Hello, lovelies xxx I know that my updates have been slow and I'm so sorry. 

So I was thinking of ship names, we all know Jily (James + Lily), so let's see the others.

Athena + Theo = Thathena, Atheo

Athena + Sirius = Thirius, Sathena, Sirena

Caroline + Remus = Remoline, Cemus

Caroline + Ben = Beroline, Caren

Caroline + Lucius = Laroline, Carcius

Angela + Leon = Angeon, Langela

Tell me which ship names are the best and which ships you ship.

Now, enough with this, go enjoy the chapter and tell me what you think.

Athena's POV

I excused myself and ran after Remus.

"Remus!" I yelled, "Remus!"

He stopped in front of the empty corridor and turned to look at me. He looked miserable and didn't bother hiding it.

"Are you alright?" I asked. Stupid question, I know.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He answered and turned around to keep walking. I grabbed his arm and turned him around.

"You know why," I said and gave him a knowing look.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he shrugged.

"You like Caroline," I stated. I won't beat around the bush.

"She's a nice girl," he said.

"You know what I mean, Remus," I said, "You like her as more than a friend."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Remus, why didn't you ask her to the dance before?" I asked.

"She seemed upset with me."

"With good reason. You changed with her so suddenly and when she asked you, you didn't give her a reason."

"I know, and I'm truly sorry. I apologized earlier today," he said.

I pulled him to the courtyard and sat him on a bench and sat beside him.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"That there is nothing to be sorry for. She thought that I didn't want to spend time with her."

"Well, that was the message you were sending when you ignored her. She told me about the argument," I told him, "and if you don't have a good reason to ignore her, then she has every right to be offended and think that."

"There is a good reason," he said.

"Really? What is it?" I asked.

He started playing with his hands nervously.

"She can do better," he finally said.

"Let her be the judge of that," I told him.

"It doesn't matter anyway now. She's going with Ben."

"As friends."

"He's a nice guy, she said so herself. He can make her happy," he said. I can tell he's having a hard time saying this.

"And you can't?" I asked, "Do you honestly believe that you can't make her happy?"

He didn't say anything. I needed to get to him somehow without pressuring him.

"Remus, you're an amazing guy. Any girl would be lucky to have you. I know for a fact that you can make her happy. You just don't want to try," I told him. Then I contemplated saying the next sentence. It should be the final push. "Is she not worth it?"

His head snapped up so quickly, that for a second, I thought he might get a whiplash.

"Of course, she's worth it! She's so beautiful and... good. There are no words to describe her. She deserves so much better for it."

"She is not a kid, Remus, she is perfectly capable of making her own decisions and choosing what and who makes her happy," I told him, exasperated. I'm this close to telling him that we know and accept him just the way he is, but I knew better.

"He can make her happy," he said.

"So can you."

"Not like him. Things would be... different with me."

"So? If she likes you and sees that you're worth it then she will stick with you no matter what," I said and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I know... but..." he didn't continue. I didn't know what to say anymore and as much as I wanted to, I knew I shouldn't push him. He looked deep in thought.

"No buts. A small piece of advice, if you truly like her and think she's worth it, go for it. You will regret not trying. What's the worse that could happen anyway?"

I didn't wait for him to answer. I knew he won't. I got up and let him think about it.

I was walking back to the Great Hall thinking of ways to get those two together, when three girls stopped in front of me.

"Did you not learn your lesson, Royal?" the girl in the middle said. It's Karen and the girls flanking her are probably her sidekicks.

"What lesson?" I asked.

"Stay away from Sirius. Or do you want to be publicly humiliated and hurt again?" she said. Did she have to bring that up?

"Don't tell me what to do, and it's none of your business," I said and tried to step around them but one of the girls grabbed my arm and pushed me back to stand in front of Karen.

"Here's the thing, doll, Sirius is mine," she said, and I almost laughed.

"Really? Because I doubt he even remembers your name," I said, referring to the time he called her by the wrong name.

"Once he is done with whatever prank or bet or whatever game he's playing with you, he will be mine and will know only my name. So, I suggest you skip the part where your heart breaks again and just leave him," she said.

"He's not playing at anything with me because he knows the consequences if he is. Now, let me through because I don't feel like listening to you talking about your imaginary boyfriend," I said and tried side-stepping again, but this time, a wand was shoved at my face.

I didn't have time to grab my wand because her two cronies grabbed me and pinned me to the wall.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I asked.

"If you don't back off from Sirius, you will regret it," she said with gritted teeth.

"First of all, he's not an object, he wants me as much as I want him. Second of all, you don't tell me what to do. Third of all, tell your sidekicks to let go of me or else."

"Or else what? It's three against one and you don't have your wand on you," just as she said that, the girl on my right put her hand in my pocket and pulled out my wand and threw it away.

"And that's fair?" I said, with a raised eyebrow.

On the inside though, I was freaking out. She was right. I had little to no chance.

"Who said I play fair?" she smirked.

The next thing I know, she grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled me closer to her. I felt something sharp on my cheek then a blow to my face.

She pushed me on the floor and said, "Let this be a warning."

She then sent a hex at me and then nothing... darkness.