Pranks

This chapter is dedicated to ChoHeesoo , my latest supporter. Thank you so much for your support and I hope you like the chapter.

Athena's POV

Today is the first day of classes after Black and I started acting normal again. Eyes were on me all the time and I have no idea why. At lunch, I found out there's is a rumor that Black and I are together. Not only that but the thing about the anonymous, too. It seems Theo and his friends went all out and since the students just love gossip, they added their two cents, too.

So, basically, according to all students, I'm pregnant and I have no idea if the baby's father is Theo, Black, or 'who I claim to be anonymous'. This is ridiculous. I spent the first half of the day explaining to every person, who had enough sense to ask me, that the rumors are false. But that didn't help much.

During lunch, I couldn't stay in the Great Hall for more than ten minutes. The looks that I was getting were awful. I wanted to stay in the Great Hall with my head held high to prove that I am not bothered. That didn't work. I felt horrible and after ten minutes of nibbling at my food and the girls trying to distract me, I was fed up. I stood and walked out. The girls went after me. Thankfully, the boys were late, so they won't annoy me. I really can't deal with their goofiness now.

We walked in silence to the Black Lake and sat down under our tree.

"I can't believe Theo did that," Lily said, "He seemed so nice."

"He's a Hufflepuff for merlin's sake," added Angie.

"I guess now we know that house stereotypes are not really true. At least not all of them," Caroline said.

I didn't say anything. I was too miserable to. I was the center of everyone's attention in third year because of the whole Black thing. Now I'm the center of everyone's attention because of lies that Theo or his friends spread. Even if Theo didn't personally spread them and that his friends did, he should've stopped them. Even if he thought badly of me, he should've kept it to himself.

"Are you alright, Ay?" Lily asked, her voice full of concern.

I just nodded my head.

"It doesn't look like it," Angie said, "Don't let what those idiots are saying get to you. Who cares about them? They are idiots with no lives who are just looking for something to talk about and a story to twist."

"Angie is right. We are your friends and we love you," Caroline said, "and anyone who loves you or actually knows you will know that these are lies. Hell, your partner in transfiguration didn't believe them and you guys aren't even close."

"Thanks, girls. I know all that. It's just the looks and the whispers are too much," I said.

"We know," Lily said and hugged me.

We sat like that until the end of lunch then headed to classes.

By dinner time the rumors were still going. The boys were nowhere to be seen which is weird. But, again, I'm thankful for it. I was contemplating skipping dinner, but Angie talked me into going. She said I have to show the idiots that they can't get to me. So, reluctantly, I went.

About five minutes into the meal, the boys showed up and surrounded us like usual.

"You're late," I said. I don't know why I said it, but it just slipped when I saw Black.

"Missed me, princess?" he smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"In your dreams, Black," I said. He leaned closer to me making me still.