Blondie

Athena's POV

There was a massive gasp from the crowd as the quaffle hit Black right in the stomach as he put himself between Angie and the quaffle, sending him flying off his broom. He was falling so fast and almost hit the ground when Potter caught him and fell with him due to his weight. But the fall was much softer now because Potter softened it incredibly and the fall was from only a couple of feet instead of over 100 feet. 

I immediately jumped down and ran as fast as my legs could carry me toward him. When I reached him, he was passed out. I froze. No. No. NO. I knelt down next to him.

"Black. Black, wake up," I shook him. I  was freaking out. Why was I so freaked out?

"Mr. Potter broke his arm and leg, please levitate him carefully to the hospital wing, Madame Hooch, I will levitate Mr. Black," said Madame Pomfrey. I didn't even notice that she came.

By now there was a crowd around us.

"Everyone go back to the castle," Madame Hooch ordered as she levitated Potter. We followed them, ignoring Madame Hooch's command.

Remus, Peter, the girls, and I stood in front of the hospital wing waiting for news. I was extremely worried, and I don't know why. Quidditch accidents happen all the time.

"Hey, relax, they will be fine," Remus said and stood in from of me and looked me in the eyes, "He's going to be fine."

"Remus is right, Athena. If something was seriously wrong, Madame Pomfrey would have noticed when we were at the pitch and would've said something," Caroline said, "but she looked normal."

"God, I'm such an idiot! I should've reacted faster!" yelled Angie. She was frustrated and felt incredibly guilty.

"Stop saying that! You were taken by surprise," I told her.

"No one blames you, Angie," Remus told her.

Just as he said that the door of the hospital wing opened, and Madame Pomfrey came out.

"Mr. Black is asleep now and Mr. Potter has taken a few potions so he will fall asleep soon. So if you want to see them, make it quick," she said

"Is he going to be okay? I mean, are they going to be okay?" I asked her.

"They are both perfectly fine, Ms. Royal. Mr. Potter broke his arm and leg, while Mr. Black got struck by the bludger so hard it broke a few ribs, and his head is injured, too, he probably hit it when he fell. So it's probably better that he sleeps the pain off. Other than that, he should be perfectly fine," she answered and walked away.

We all rushed to the only two occupied beds. Potter saw us and gave a small smile, "Hey, guys," he said.

"Hey?! You rushed like that and hurt yourself and you say hey?" Lily yelled.

"Good to see you doing well, too, Lilypad. Sorry for rushing and not letting my best friend fall to his death," he said. 

She took a deep breath and sat beside him. He looked shocked but didn't say anything. She looked at him worriedly. I knew it. She finally admitted her feelings to herself.

"I'm sorry, but you gave me a mini-heart attack," she said. What she did next shocked all of us. She leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

She. Kissed. Him. On. The. Cheek. 

Lily Evans. Kissed. James Potter. Willingly.

When she pulled back he seemed to be in a daze and looked at her. 

"I'm I dreaming?" he asked, "I don't remember falling asleep."

"You're not dreaming you, idiot," she answered him and his eyes widened in shock. Everyone chuckled.