Theo Asked Me Out

Athena's POV

The week has passed by in a blur and it's Friday already. I overslept so I wasn't able to have breakfast and had to rush to class. For a Friday, it was a really busy day. We even almost missed lunch. Needless to say, the girls and I were unable to rest until all classes were over.

The things we would've called weird, unusual, and annoying became the norm now. For example, Potter and Black annoying us, trying to talk to us during and in between classes, surrounding us as we eat in The Great Hall, and last but not least, Black glaring at any boy who talks to me. Whether it's Martin in Transfiguration, Theo in Herbology and DADA, or some random boy who needed help with something. He's acting as if he's my boyfriend and it's really annoying. 

As for my secret admirer, he's been sending me letters every morning and every night. I always look forward to them, unfortunately though, I missed breakfast today so either he didn't send one or he sent it and it didn't find me. Hopefully, he will send one tonight.

I was at the Black Lake waiting for the girls. They went to the kitchen to get some snacks and I came here to set the blanket and wait. It was one of those beautiful days where the sun is not too shiny as to blind you but it's still there. The soft breeze messing up my hair gave me a sense of peace instead of annoying me, since no one is there to see my messy hair. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment of peace.

"You look so at peace, that I feel bad interrupting," a voice said from behind me.

I sat up quickly and looked to my left to see Theo standing there leaning against a tree. Great, he just had to see my hair like that.

"Theo, hi," I said and tried to fix my hair, "What are you doing here?"

"I was walking around to clear my head," he said and ran his fingers through his hair. "May I join you?" he asked.

"Sure, but won't that interrupt your clearing-your-head time?" I asked playfully.

"I don't mind if it's interrupted by you," he said and I blushed. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for the girls. They went to the kitchen to get snacks so we can have a small picnic, since I missed breakfast and we barely had lunch." I told him.

"Yeah, I noticed you weren't at any of the meals and I wondered where you were." 

I smiled at that. He noticed.

"Well, I overslept so I didn't have time for breakfast. At lunch, we had to go to the library and thought it will be quick, but Lily took her time." I said with a small chuckle at the end.

"Want my advice for cases like these?" he asked. I nodded.

"Always have snacks in your bag. You never know when you will need them. You could've eaten something in the corridors in between classes. It's not good to not have breakfast and miss lunch," he said.

"I'll put that in mind," I said. Then there was a bit of silence.

"So, what are you doing tomorrow?" he suddenly asked.

"It's the first Hogsmead trip this year, so the girls and I were planing to visit some shops and hang out at The Three Broomsticks. What about you?" I asked.

"Actually, I was hoping to ask you to go with me..." Theo said. Was he asking me out? Oh my god! He's asking me out! It seems I was taking too long to answer because he got nervous and started scratching the back of his neck. "It's totally fine if you don't want to. No pressure. I mean -"

"Sure," I cut him off.

"What?" 

"I said, sure. I would love to go with you," I said with a smile.