Remus Jealous

Athena's POV

A week passed and I was successfully able to avoid Black. I knew he's frustrated, he keeps trying to talk to me in potions, but I ignore him and only talk to ask him to pass me something or get the ingredients.

Herbology is a different story. The tension and awkwardness are unbearable. Theo ignores everyone's existence, not that I care anymore, Black stares, and Angie talks to me from time to time to distract me from them. 

As for the admirer, he still sent me letters and poems, but now there is a hint of sadness in them. 

I was sitting in the common room late at night, not worried that Black will come since tonight is a full moon and the boys are probably out with Remus. I reread the letter I received in the evening.

You're special to me. You're the only one I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one I can never get tired of talking to, and the only one who crosses my mind constantly throughout the day. You're the only one who can make me smile without trying, bring down my mood without the intention to, and affect my emotions with every action of yours. I can't explain with just words how much you mean to me, but you're the only one I'm afraid of losing and the one I want to keep in my life.

As much as it's great, it got me thinking. Why is he afraid of losing me? He didn't even reveal himself or give himself the chance to know if I would reject him or not. I probably won't reject him. Not straight away at least. I want to get to know him first then decide.

I asked Caroline why he hasn't tried to reveal himself yet. She said she doesn't know. Later she said that he noticed my change in mood and is scared that it might not be the proper time. This confused me even more. Am I that obvious? How does he know that I'm not in the best mood these days?

Then there is Black. I'm avoiding him physically, but my mind keeps drifting to him. It scares me. It scares me thinking that I might still have feelings for him. It scares me that if I kept hanging out with him and he asks me out again, that I would say yes. 

My mind keeps thinking until it's tired and falls asleep.

I wake up in the common room early in the morning. I noticed that I was covered in a blanket and that the fire just now started to die down as if it was lit the whole night. I'm pretty sure it was already slowly dying last night when I fell asleep. I was glad that someone lit it, though. It's November and the weather is getting colder.

I looked around and saw that the common room was empty except for someone who looked to be asleep in the armchair. It was Black. I got up slowly as not to make noise and wake him up.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Black said in his morning voice. Sexy. Snap out of it!

"Good morning, Black," I said and turned to leave.

"Wait," he said making me stop in my tracks. It's Sunday and I can't say that I have to rush to class.

"What?" I asked and turned to him.

"We need to talk," he said.

"About what?" I said.

"You know about what. You've been avoiding me," he stated.

"I haven't been avoiding you."

"Oh, really?" he said raising an eyebrow. "You're not coming to meals, you come almost late to classes and rush out the first without stopping when I call out for you, and when I talk to you in potions you do not answer me."