Sixth year

Athena's POV

The girls were true to there word and stuck around. We all became best friends and I felt so lucky to have them. Especially Lily. She was the closest to me out of all of them. She was with me every night and every step of the way until I healed. I had her and the girls in Hogwarts and my friends and Lily back at home in the summer.

It turned out that Lily lives two neighborhoods away from my place so we visited each other regularly. She got to meet my friends and they all clicked. 

When my friends found out what Sirius did they were furious. The boys wanted to crash into Hogwarts and make him wish he was never born. I calmed them down by telling them that Lily hexed him. Twice. Once on the day, it happened and again when he came to give a half-ass apology which I'm pretty sure that Remus made him do it.

I knew that because Remus came up to me in the library.

Flashback

I was sitting in the library writing an essay on another table to avoid Remus. I didn't want to talk to him either.

Lily left the library 20 minutes ago because she was done with her essay and I didn't really need help with mine. I was almost done when I heard someone clear their throat. It was Remus. I didn't say anything and turned back to my essay, writing the last few sentences quickly, before starting to pack my stuff.

"Athena, may I talk to you? Just for a minute, please," he said and sat down.

"If this is about Black, save it. I don't want to hear it," I said.

"It's not only about him. It's about the rest of us, too," he said.

"Who is 'us'?"

"James, Peter, and me," he said, "None of us approved of what he did. I'm sure you noticed that because Sirius told us that you questioned him about it. The looks of disapproval weren't for you, they were for him."

"Then why didn't you stop him?" I asked.

"We tried, but Pitt has put it in his mind that he would be a coward if he didn't do it. That he wouldn't be a real man. And once Sirius is challenged, there is no stopping him," he sighed.

"Even if it means crushing other people? Is that what a real man does?" I asked looking Remus in the eyes. He got uncomfortable and looked down. 

"I'm very sorry, Athena." He said. I stood up after packing my stuff.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Remus. It's not you who should be sincerely apologizing. You know what is making me feel a bit better?" I asked Remus.

"What?" he asked.

"That he's a fool. Pitt didn't dare him to do this for nothing." I said. Remus looked confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Pitt cornered me and tried to kiss me last year but I kneed him where the sun doesn't shine. I guess he somehow found out that I had a crush on... that idiot." I said, "Don't tell him that. Let the stupid pawn think that he's a real man."

And with that, I left the library.

End of flashback

A lot has changed since then. I'm no longer the shy introvert. That incident triggered something in me. I wanted to change. Not for revenge, but for me. I don't want to be a silly vulnerable girl who anyone can use. And with the help and support of my best friends, I did. I became more outgoing and confident. I felt good about myself and kept telling myself every morning that nothing will crush me again and nothing will bring me down. Ever.

I also changed look-wise this summer. My hair is longer and lighter, my skin is sun-kissed now, my eyes are brighter, and I've developed well in the right places. I felt pretty and maybe a bit sexy. Just like my friends.

We're starting the sixth year now. Lily, Caroline, Angela, and I sat in our compartment on the train going to Hogwarts. We were very excited and talking about what we did over the summer. The compartment door opened and there stood Remus. We stayed on friendly terms together and the girls accepted him. None of us could stand the rest of the Marauders, though.

"Hey there, ladies. How was your summer?" he asked.

"It was fun. Lily came over regularly and the girls came a couple of times, too. How was yours?" I asked.

"Not bad, but not really eventful either. I went over to visit James a few times," he said.

"Cool," I said, "There is still some time before the prefects meeting, would you like to sit with us?" I offered. Mostly for Caroline's benefit. She had a massive crush on him.

"I would love to, but I need to make sure the boys won't leave the compartment and cause trouble," he said.

Right on cue, we heard a ruckus and people shouting. Then James and Peter popped out from behind Remus.

"Hello, beautiful ladies, how was your summer?" James asked, mostly looking at Lily. She just rolled her eyes and ignored him. "Did you have fun, Lily?"

"It's Evans to you, Potter. And my summer is none of your business," she said and glared at him.

"I was just trying to be polite and have a conversation with you, you girls don't seem to mind Moony here." he pouted.

"Well, Remus is a decent guy, unlike some," Lily said.

"Prongs, Wormtail, did you find Moo- oh, there you are boys. Why are you all gathered here?" Sirius' voice was heard and not a second later his head popped behind James. He was about to say something but stopped when he saw me. He froze and stared, making me uncomfortable

"Great," I whispered.

"I will meet you in the prefects' compartment in a bit, Remus," Lily said. Out of all the Marauders, Sirius is our least favorite. More like out of all the guys in the world, he was my least favorite.

"Let's go, boys," Remus told the boys and shoved them away.

When the compartment door was closed, I finally spoke up. 

"The nerve of the guy to show his face!" I yelled, referring to Sirius.

"He's plain stupid, I don't think he realized that we were in this compartment. He was looking for his friends," Caroline chuckled. Lily scoffed.

"Oh, please, Care, he knew if Potter is here then there is an 80% chance that I am here which means that we are all here," Lily said.

"Lily's right. He knows but he just doesn't care," said Angie.

"Girls, can we just talk about something else?" I asked. Even after three years, he made me uncomfortable. I learned to let go. That doesn't mean that I forgot. I still hate seeing him around.

"Sure," Angie said, "I decided to try-out for quidditch this year."

"Really? That's great! I'm sure you'll get in," I said.

"Yeah, you've been practicing all summer," Caroline said.

"I'm positive you'll get in. You will be the best keeper they ever had," said Lily. She looked at her watch and said, "I have to go to the meeting. Hopefully, it won't be long. See you later," she said and blew us a kiss as she left.

The rest of the train ride went by fast and soon we arrived at Hogwarts.