Fights

This chapter is dedicated to makande27, my most recent supporter. Thank you so much for the feedback and support <3

Athena's POV

I made my way to the Black Lake for some alone time to think. I sat under the shade of a tree by the shore of the lake.

Did I do the right thing? Will it be worth it? I hope I didn't hurt Theo's feelings too bad, I honestly didn't mean to. I hope he gets over it fast. He's is a really nice guy, he doesn't deserve to be hurt. 

"So, how did it go?" came a voice from behind me, making me jump and nearly choke on air. I looked back and saw who it is.

"Damn it, Black, do you enjoy giving me mini heart attacks?" I asked. He just chuckled and sat beside me.

"Not my fault that you scare easily, love," he said.

"Don't call me that!" I said, "And what are you doing here?"

"You didn't come back and it's been a while, so I came to check on you," he said. He wasn't looking at the lake like I was, he was looking at me. It made me nervous.

"Why?" I asked still looking at the lake.

He didn't say anything. I turned to him and met his gaze. "Why?" I asked again.

"Just because," he said.

"Just because? That's not exactly an answer."

"You didn't answer the question. From what I gathered at lunch, you were going to break it off with Argent. How did he take it?" he asked and looked away. I turned my gaze back to the lake.

"Not so well. We weren't even official to begin with," I sighed. I didn't know why I was answering him, but I didn't feel like arguing with him either.

"What did he say?"

"He blew up and got upset why I wanted to give someone else a chance. He doesn't understand why I want to do this."

"And why exactly do you want to do this?" he asked.

"I feel like if I don't, I will always wonder what if I missed on something great. What if this is the right person for me? What if it's that epic love that comes once in a lifetime, if at all? But then again, what if it's not? What if I was disappointed again?" I sighed.

He was silent for a while. I kind of enjoyed the silence, which is weird since he's here.

"Hey, what is with Remus today? He isn't acting like himself," I asked. Since I don't feel like getting up and I wanted to distract myself, might as well find out what's with Remus for Caroline.

"He's being a stubborn git," he said.

"May I ask about what?" I asked. I didn't want to push in case it was something private, but at the same time I wanted to know.

"You probably noticed that he fancies Caroline. We told him to ask her out, but he's too nervous that he doesn't want to," he said.

"Well, tell him to man up and ask her. He won't regret it, trust me," I said happily. I was glad that it was confirmed that Remus liked Care, and that his friends support that.

"So, she likes him, too," he said. It was more of a statement, like he was 100% sure. Oh, well, Caroline is really obvious.

"All I'm saying is, Remus is my friend, too, and I wouldn't advise him to do something to make a fool out of himself. Tell him to just ask her already," I said.