Did he just ask me out?

Athena's POV

By the time we returned to the castle, it was dinner time. I was very hungry from all the walking and I didn't even have lunch.

I rushed to the Great Hall and took my usual seat on the far side of the table away from everyone. Food was already there so I started filling my plate. The table was almost full since everyone just returned from Hogsmead and were starving. I saw someone sit beside me. It was Lily.

"Hi, is it okay if I sit here?" It wasn't really a question, but I guess she just wanted to say something.

"Sure," I said and she started filling her plate.

"So, how did you like Hogsmead?" she asked, trying to make small talk.

"It was really nice. I really liked Honeydukes and the bookstore," I said, "What about you? Did you like it?"

"Like it? I loved it. I personally liked The Three Broomsticks the most. It's just very cozy in there. I liked the bookstore, too," she babbled, "Hey, I saw you in the bookstore, but I didn't get to say hi because the toe-rag Potter was following me around and by the time I was close to you, you were heading out."

"Yeah, I noticed you when you entered. It was hard not to because he was so loud."

"Who was so loud?" Came the voice of someone who just plopped in front of us. It was James and his friends. They somehow managed to sit beside each other even though it was too crowded for them to fit.

"You were!" said Lily, glaring at him.

"Ooh, so you were talking about me? What were you saying? Please continue," he said excitedly, as he finished filling his plate and started eating.

"We were just saying you were a toe-rag who wouldn't leave me alone," she answered and continued eating.

"Oh, come on, that can't be it. Tell me more," he said.

"Nothing more to say. Do you think you are the only thing we talk about? I wouldn't waste a minute talking about you," she said.

"Ouch, you wound me," he put his hand on his chest pretending he was hurt. "Fine then, if you won't tell me the Athena will. Right, Athena? Now tell me what she really thinks about me."

"Um... please don't drag me into this," I said awkwardly.

"So you're siding with Lily?" Sirius asked with a smirk.

"I-I'm not siding with anyone. Lily said the truth," I said, "I'm full now. I'm going back to the dormitory."

"Bye, Athena, see you in a bit," Lily said.

I mumbled a quick bye and left the great hall.

"Hey, wait up!" I heard someone yell, it was Sirius' voice, "Athena, wait!"

I stopped and turned around confused. What does he want from me?

"May I walk with you to the common room?" he asked.

Am I hallucinating? Sirius Black is asking to walk with me to the common room.

"Um... uh... sure." I said and started walking with him beside me.

"So, where else did you go in Hogsmead other than the bookstore?" he asked.

"I-I went to Honeydukes, Zonko's, and many other shops that I don't remember the names of. But I mostly just walked around," I said.

"Zonko's? You don't seem to me like the type of person to like prank toys," he said, looking at me amused.

"Oh, well, I just wanted to see. I like to mess with my friends back home sometimes." I said, looking down. I never talked about this to anyone. Well, I almost never talk to anyone long enough for a topic like this to come up.

"Wait, so you like pranking others too? Wow, you surprised me," he said.

"Sometimes," I said and blushed a bit. Okay. So, apparently, talking to your crush for more than five minutes without blushing is impossible.

We reached the portrait of the Fat Lady and he said the password. Once we entered, I thought this is the end. So, I turned to him to say good night but he spoke first.

"Well, the next Hogsmead trip is in two weeks. Would you like to go with me? I can take you to Zonko's and show you the best stuff, then we can go have some butterbeer," he said.

I stared at him flabbergasted. Did he just ask me out?

"A-are you asking me out? On a date? Like a date date?"

"I am," he smiled proudly, "So, what do you say?"

"Of course!" I said, then tried to be cooler about it, "I-I mean... that would be nice."

"Great! See you tomorrow then. Good night," he winked and went to his dorm.

I stood there for a few minutes like an idiot trying to comprehend what just happened.

I went to bed still smiling like an idiot.

"I'm glad you are smiling and all, but may I ask why?" Lily asked as she got in her bed.

"Oh, it's nothing," I said.

"That smile is not nothing, there is a boy involved. Am I right?" she asked teasingly. I blushed and hid my face with my hands. "Oh my god! There is?! Tell me!"

"I'm still trying to process it, Lily. I've had a crush on him for years now. I'll tell you more tomorrow," I said, hoping she will forget about it tomorrow, "I'm really tired from the trip and I want to sleep."

"Oh, okay, but you will tell me for sure," she said.

"Sure, good night," I said.

"Good night."

It's not that I didn't trust Lily or didn't like her, it's just that we are not really close and I wanted to tell my best friend, Lydia, first. She's a muggle but she and the rest of our little group, Ivan, Leon, and Stefan, knew about the wizarding world. They also know about my crush on Sirius and Lydia will kill me if she wasn't the first to know.

I will owl her first thing in the morning. And with that thought I fell asleep, smiling.