Herbology

Athena's POV

The days passed by and now it's Wednesday. We headed to Herbology for the first time with Hufflepuff and unfortunately the class was mostly full, the girls and I had to split up to be able to sit. Angie and I went to the left and Lily and Caroline went somewhere in the middle.

"I'm glad that this is the last class for today, today was so boring," Angie said once we sat down. The room was buzzing with chatter since Professor Sprout has not arrived yet.

"Me, too," I agreed, "I can't wait for this day to be over so I could go hide somewhere. Black is getting so annoying, I just can't get rid of him! And there he is, staring again."

"Who's staring?" said a voice behind me. I turned around and saw it was Theo.

"Theo, hello," I said.

"Hello to you, too, Athena," Theo smiled at me then turned to Angie, "Hi, Angela."

"Hi, Theo," Angie smiled.

"So, how is your day going?" Theo asked.

"Honestly, I can't wait for it to end, I'm so tired," I said.

"Yeah, me too," Theo agreed, "Do you think we will be assigned partners in this class?"

"I hope not. I was lucky in only 2 classes so far," I said, "However, I don't want to risk it. Having an awful potions partner is more than enough."

"Why? Who's your potions partner?" he asked, "Someone from Slytherin?"

"Worse. It's Black," I rolled my eyes, but Theo froze.

"Black? As in Sirius Black?" he asked. I nodded.

"If he gives you a hard time tell me," he said with a frown. He looked upset.

"What will you do?" I asked.

Before he could answer, the professor arrived. I looked at Angie and she smirked. Someone caught my eye behind her. It was Black and he was glaring at Theo who was glaring back at him. Before I could ask Theo what's wrong, Professor Sprout started talking.

"Now class, we usually work in pairs but the plants that we will be dealing with this term are going to be a bit... difficult," she said. In other words, dangerous. "So this term you will be put in groups of four."

The girls and I smiled that we will be able to form a group together. It didn't last long, though, because the professor continued.

"I already formed the groups since some of you shouldn't be put in one group together," she said and looked pointedly at the Marauders. The girls and I snickered at that. "Now, the first group will be Ms. Evans, Ms. Caroline Lightwood, Mr. Potter, and Mr. Lupin."

Lily looked like she was going to commit murder while Caroline looked excited and nervous. Angie and I looked at each other and held back our laughter while the professor named the second group.

"The third group will be Ms. Angela Lightwood, Ms. Royal, Mr. Argent, and Mr. Black."

I was very happy with my group until Black was mentioned.

"Why does Black have to ruin everything!" I whisper-yelled to Angie.

"Look at the bright side, you will have Theo and me. Focus on Theo," Angie said with a hopeful smile. She's right, I won't let Black ruin this for me.

"Now, kids, go sit with your group and surround a table," Angie and I turned around to face Theo just as Black came and sat beside him.

There was an awkward silence for a minute. This was weird because Black never shuts up and now he just looks pissed.