Stargazing

Two chapters in one day! This is my Christmas gift for @ChoHeesoo <3

Athena's POV

It was 9:30 now. I checked myself once more in the mirror. I decided on a warm yet cute outfit. A long white off-shoulder shirt with a black tank top under it and black leggings and brown boots. I kept the makeup mostly natural. Eyeliner, mascara, and deep red lipstick. I let my hair down in its natural waves. I contemplated putting on a scarf but remembered that I should wear the necklace, so I didn't.

"How do I look? Am I underdressed or overdressed? Should I remove the lipstick? It's too much, right?" I asked. I was starting to get nervous even though I was perfectly calm and against making a big deal over my outfit.

"Ay, baby, you look perfect," Lily said.

"The lipstick looks great. It's nighttime, so dark makeup looks good. Now stop fussing," Angie said.

"Girls, I'm nervous," I admitted, sitting on my bed.

"Don't be, remember, he loves you," Caroline said. 

"Come on, it's 9:45. You better head there slowly so you don't have to rush and be all red in the face from running," Lily said.

I nodded and we went to the common room. There were a few people and around and I noticed Remus, James, and Peter sitting by the fire. Where is Sirius? Just when I thought that, Peter spotted us and nudged James, who looked in our direction.

"Hey, Lily flower, where are you going?" he asked.

"Nowhere," she answered and went to sit near the fire close to where the boys sat. Angie followed her and Caroline stayed by my side.

"Athena, you cleaned up nicely. Where are you going?" James asked with a smirk on his face.

"Nowhere. Just going for a stroll," I said.

"You dress up when you go to stroll?" He asked.

"None of your business, Potter," Lily said, giving him a small glare, he just smiled at her.

"Well, have fun on your stroll," said Remus with a knowing smile.

I just rolled my eyes and turned to Caroline giving her a nervous smile.

"Take a deep breath and go. You look great. Remember he loves you, this is for you to decide the next step. We will wait for you here until you come back, okay?" she whispered.

I took a deep breath and nodded. I took one last look at the girls and headed for the astronomy tower. Thankfully, Filch was nowhere in sight, neither was his cat. I arrived at the astronomy tower at 10 o'clock exactly. I took another deep breath and opened the door to go upstairs.

On the sides of the stairs were white candles and in between were rose petals. I couldn't help but smile. This is so romantic. I touched my necklace and followed the candles and petals upstairs. I felt the knots in my stomach tighten with every step I took.

I reached the final step and slowly looked up and saw a thin mattress and a fluffy blanket on the floor with rose petals surrounding it. There weren't anymore candles up here. The only light was from the half-moon up in the sky and the million stars. I walked further and stood near the mattress and saw a figure of someone with their back to me, leaning on the railing watching the stars. He was tall and had long, dark hair. That's all I could tell since it's dark and he had his back to me. I don't think he heard me coming.

"Hi," I said.

He turned around slowly. I saw his face and I was shocked. It couldn't be... 

But now that I think about it, it all adds up. Knowing my favorite flower, the intense looks, defending me, his weird behavior when I was with Theo, and being a quidditch player.