Matchmakers

Hey everyone!! Sorry for taking so long to update but I was busy with exams AND I had a major writer's block. I got to where I wanted, which is bringing Athena and Sirius together but I didn't know where to go from there. I decided to add Caroline and Remus's story to the mix so it wouldn't be boring.

Athena's POV

The Christmas Ball is next week, and the school is in high spirits. Girls were talking about their dresses and boys boasting about who they are going with. James is over the moon because Lily finally agreed to go with him. Angela was asked by a cute guy in our year, his name is Henry. Some were still nervous to ask someone. Like Remus.

Remus still hasn't asked anyone. Neither has Caroline, although I overheard a few guys talking about asking her to the ball.

"So, who are you going with Caroline?" Angie asked as we sat in the kitchen. It was Friday and classes are over so, it's kitchen time.

"I don't know, I think I will go solo," Caroline sighed.

"No, you are not! We all have dates," Angie said before taking a sip of pumpkin juice.

"I know you do, Angie, but no one asked me. No one suitable, at least," she mumbled towards the end.

The girls and I shared a look. She didn't tell us that anyone asked her.

"Who asked you?" I asked.

"No one decent," she said.

We stared at her.

"Alright, it's Malfoy," she said when she saw that we are not letting it go.

"WHAT?!" we all said in unison.

"Did he bother you again?" I asked.

"Well, he was pissed that I slapped him, so a few days after that he cornered me and told me that he will let it pass only this once because I'm beautiful, then he smirked and left. After the announcement of the ball, he asked me to go with him and I refused. He asked me again a few days later, and I told him that I wouldn't go with him even if he was the last guy in school. He got pissed and said that if I'm not going with him then I won't go with anyone," she ranted.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us?" Lily asked.

"Because it's not a big deal. It's Malfoy, he's a git," she said.

"So that's why no one has asked you," I said.

"What do you mean?" Caroline asked.

I looked at her dumbfounded. "Care, we all thought you would've been one of the first girls to get a date. Especially that I overheard multiple guys whispering that they plan to ask you to the ball. It seems that Malfoy has gone around and scared them all off."

Caroline groaned and hit her head on the table.

"I. won't. get. A. date." She said as she banged her head.

"Rubbish, you can always ask someone out. He can scare the guys from asking you, but he can't stop you from asking them," Angie said.

"But who am I going to ask? If he scared everyone the no one will say yes," she said.

"Well, Remus still didn't ask anyone," I told her.

Things between them are kind of... normal? They are more like formal colleagues than friends. At least, that's what Caroline is making it. She is just being civilized. He tried being friendly more than once, but she just replied properly. It's kind of like replying to your neighbor. Polite but no details. He still stares at her from time to time when he thinks no one is looking.