Making Up

Athena's POV

I will love you
So much
And so deeply
That one day
You will make peace
With our past

I read this with a stupid smile on my face on breakfast. It was Saturday, the day after tutoring Black. Only Caroline was with me since Lily and Angie were still sleeping.

Last night I told the girls about what happened between Black and I and they were shocked. Lily was upset, Angie was wary, and Caroline was kind of supporting.

I know Lily was worried about me. Especially because she was the one with me the whole time and saw how broken I was. However, I assured her that I just wanted to lift that weight off my shoulder and simply move on. No funny business. Forgiving him doesn't mean jumping in his arms or even being friends. It just means that I don't hate him and treat him like any random classmate.

"Hey," said a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Theo standing there scratching the back of his neck.

"Hey," I said.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked glancing at Caroline.

"Depends whether you'll be rational or not," I told him.

"Completely rational," he said with a slight smile.

"Fine. See you later, Care," I said and exited the hall with Theo.

We walked in silence to the courtyard and stood beside a tree.

"I'm sorry," he said breaking the silence.

"For what exactly? Accusing me of encouraging an unknown person or accusing me of two-timing you?" I asked.

"Both," he said looking down, "I was just... jealous. You don't see how big your smile gets when you recieve a letter from this person. How you blush. I wish to be the one to make you smile and blush like that."

I sighed. "Theo, look at me. If I didn't genuinely like you, I wouldn't go out with you. We just started going out and getting to know each other. We need to trust each other for this to go on."

"I know, you're right and I'm sorry," he said, "I want to make it up to you."

"How?"

"Meet me at the Black Lake before dinner."

"Why? What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," he said.

"Oh, come on," I groaned.

"No can do, beautiful," he said. I had an idea.

I leaned close to him wraping my arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, "Please."

"No," he said with a smile.

I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek.

"No," he whispered. I kissed the corner of his mouth, then the other corner.

"N-no," he said, he was cracking.

"Please," I whispered close to his lips. Our lips were almost touching.

I closed the distance and kissed him. He kissed back immediately. His lips were soft and warm. He ran his tongue on my lower lip asking for entrance, which I denied.

"Tell me," I murmured against his lips.

"H-huh?"

I pulled away taking a couple of steps back with a full on smirk on my face. He groaned and tried to come closer but I moved again making him groan.