Music To My Ears

Hello, lovelies <3

I've been reading a lot of smut lately, and although I feel awkward writing it, I decided to give it a try. This is mostly a filler chapter with some smut. They won't go all the way, but this is the most heated thing I've ever written. So please feel free to tell me if it's cringy. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it's alright.

I hope you enjoy xoxo

Athena's POV

The Christmas season is about to start. Sirius and I have been together for almost a month and it was amazing. We are attached to the hip all the time. Of course, the girls and I have to spend at least an hour alone without the boys. Just us girls, having girls time. We even have a girls' night occasionally. I made sure to make a point that even though I have a boyfriend now I would never abandon them.

A boyfriend.

I still don't believe that Sirius is my boyfriend sometimes. He is totally different than how I imagined him to be. He's so sweet, caring, passionate, and funny. He is also very smart but doesn't like to show it. He says he's too cool for that.

He still sends me poems every morning and every night. I asked him once if it's really him writing them or if he steals them from some book. He swore that he writes them himself, which made them even more special.

Almost the whole school was shocked when they found out about Sirius and me. Our history wasn't really a secret and everyone knew how I hated him. Most girls glared at me and some boys glared at Sirius, but I think I saw a couple of people handing each other money while looking at us and whispering. I really hope no one was betting on my love life.

The eight of us sat at breakfast on a Friday morning talking about random things. Sirius's arm snaked around me after he was done eating, as usual. That sounds sweet, but it gets annoying when I'm still trying to eat.

"Oh, come on Lily-pad, one double date with Athena and Sirius. It will be fun," James told Lily. He was asking her out. Again. I think Lily was warming up to him, though.

"If I said that I'll think about it, will you shut up?" she asked. James smiled from ear to ear like a child.

"I won't ask you again. Today," he added the last part sneakily.

"That's the best you will get Lily. Just go with it," Angie said.

Lily just rolled her eyes. After their kiss in the hospital, everything went back to normal, except that Lily isn't as harsh on him and he noticed that, which encouraged him. She is warming up to him, though, and everyone can see it. It's just a matter of time and we all know it.

"Attention students. I have an announcement to make," said Professor McGonagall from the mini stage in the Great Hall.

"What's that about?" I asked and everyone shrugged.

"There will be a Christmas ball for students in 5th year and above on the 23rd of December, the day before you leave for the holidays. You may start looking for gowns in Hogsmead, as the boutiques there have been informed about the ball a few days ago and are bringing gowns and dresses for the occasion. The prefects, along with the head boy and head girl, will start planning and organizing everything. That is all for now. Please enjoy the rest of your breakfast," she explained in one go.

Shit. A ball. I hate balls. I groaned loudly.

"What's wrong, love?" Sirius asked.

"I don't like balls. I can't dance for my life," I said and he chuckled.