First Kiss

Athena's POV

It's been 4 days since Sirius has asked me out and he has been following me around ever since. Well, not following me around in a stalker way, more like, spending time with me. I was on cloud nine. I loved every minute of it. We always joke around and he makes me laugh. I've laughed these 4 days more than I had in all my time in Hogwarts.

When I owled Lydia, she was very happy and excited for me. Lily, however, was a bit wary. She said she doesn't trust him and that I should be careful. It's okay, though. I know she is saying that only because he is James' friend and she hates James. Speaking of which, I noticed that his friends have been grumpy and sending him disapproving looks, especially Remus. He keeps looking at him in disappointment.

Is it because he is hanging out with me? Do they not approve of me? Do they think I'm not good enough for their friend? Or are they jealous that he is not hanging out with them as much as before? I really hope I'm not causing a rift between them. I don't want to break their friendship.

We were walking to dinner when I decided to ask him about it.

"Sirius, I have a question that has been bothering me for a while now," I said, not knowing exactly how to ask him without seeming nosy.

"Ask away, darling," he said and I blushed. He has that effect on me which I don't think will stop anytime soon.

"Well, I couldn't help but notice that your friends aren't really happy with you lately, is it because of me? I mean do they disapprove of me or something?" I asked. He stiffened.

"No, not at all, they all really like you and support you," he said. Well, I don't feel like it, but I didn't say anything. "It has nothing to do with you personally, it's me they are upset with."

"Oh, so they are upset that you are not spending so much time with them? I don't want to cause trouble between you. I mean, you should spend a little more time with them," I said. He stopped and looked at me.

"You're very observant," he mumbled, "Does that mean you want to spend less time with me?"

"What? No! I didn't m-mean that. I-I meant that I don't want to cause you trouble with your friends, that's all," I rambled. He chuckled.

"I'm touched that you care, sweetheart," he said and I blushed again when he said sweetheart, "however, you don't need to worry about it. It will be fine and my friendship with them will be fixed soon. Now let's go to dinner, I'm starving."

"Sure, let's go," I said and we walked into the Great Hall.

As usual, we were met with stares. A lot of people have been staring at us. And when I'm not with Sirius they stare at me weirdly. Especially the girls in our year, they glare at me. I try my best to shrug it off.

Sirius and I sat at the end of the table where I usually sit. His friends came up and said hi to me. For some reason, Remus couldn't look me in the eyes. I haven't seen him in the library much either, he dragged Peter and said something about having to talk with some Ravenclaw girl about something. I looked at Sirius and he simply shrugged while James just looked at his plate.

"So, how's Lily, she's your roommate, right?" of course James will ask about Lily.

"She's fine, always busy with homework or something," I said.

"Does she ever talk about me? You know, like girl gossip and boy talk and stuff like that,"

I didn't want to make him feel bad and tell him that she curses him all the time so I simply said "Not really, as I said she's busy with school work and hanging around her other friends."