He's being an idiot

Before you start reading, I want to say that the letters from the "admirer" aren't originally mine. I found them on the internet, they are written by Joanna Fuchs.
Now that that's out of the way, I hope you enjoy the chapter, and don't forget to vote and comment.
XXX

Athena's POV

"Okay, spill," I told Caroline as we all sat in our dorm on our beds. The girls and I decided that this is the night that we will corner her and we won't sleep until we get everything out of her.

"Spill what?" she asked.

"What happened between you and Remus?" I asked.

"Nothing," she said looking down.

"We are not born yesterday, Care. Something is wrong and it's obvious. If we can't help then at least vent and get it out of your system," said Lily.

Caroline sighed.

"Girls, that's the thing, literally nothing happened," Caroline said.

"What do you mean? We didn't see you the whole day and the look on Remus' face is obvious that something happened," said Angie. Caroline sighed.

"Remus suddenly started avoiding me after the essay he helped me with. We didn't even finish it because he got a 'headache' if you all remember that day. Ever since then he would avoid talking to me or be in my presence. When I would seek him out to ask him something he either answers briefly or get one of the boys to answer. I let it be for a while, but today I got fed up with all this and decided to ask him directly."

"That's why you stayed with him at breakfast this morning? Care, the Great Hall isn't really a place to talk," Angie said and I glared at her.

"Continue," I told Caroline.

"I know. That's why I made small talk first. He was eating so fast, it was obvious he wanted to get away and that hurt," Caroline croaked. She sounded like she was about to cry. I got up from my bed and sat beside her on her bed and gave her a side hug.

"For a moment I considered giving up and let it be. Then, I thought that I might not get another chance to get him alone and that I have to know if I did something wrong. So, I got up, too, and said that I wanted to check on Black and Potter. He gave me a fake smile. That hurt, too." By now, Lily and Angie were beside her, too.

"When we reached an empty corridor, I stopped and asked him what I did wrong and why is he avoiding me. He said that I didn't do anything and that he wasn't avoiding me. I called him out on it. He told me that I don't understand. I knew he was probably thinking about his werewolf problem, but I couldn't say anything. He was silent for a long time and looked like he won't say anything. Then Ben came and asked me for help with his homework. Remus had the audacity to glare at him as if he was interrupting something, when in fact he didn't interrupt anything. There was NOTHING to interrupt," she said. She started sobbing and I hugged her.

I'm going to kill him tomorrow. 

"Shh, it's going to be alright," I said.

"He's an idiot if he can't man up and say whatever is wrong to your face," Lily said.

"Who needs him anyway? Other guys would love a second of your attention," Angie said.

"Yeah, Ben, for example, he's nice. Always nervous for some reason, but nice", Lily said. At that Caroline gave a small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"He's not nervous, he's born with a slight stutter. He just stutters more when he's nervous," Caroline said.

"Well, that's nothing bad, it's not his fault that he's born that way. If he's good to you, then why not," I said and Lily nodded in approval.