Potter's Face

Athena's POV

Breakfast wasn't really eventful. Probably because we weren't in the hall for long. We arrived at breakfast late and had to eat quickly not noticing four pairs of eyes looking at us.

We then hurried to Transfiguration and sat on our assigned seats. Lily sat in the seat in front of me while the girls sat on the other side next to their partners. Unfortunately, the Marauders were huddled behind me since there are still a few minutes till class starts and the professor hasn't arrived yet. Lily was talking to her partner and I was taking out my book and notebook while waiting for my partner.

"Good morning, Athena," said Remus, standing beside me.

I gave him a small glare for letting Black come yesterday but then realized that it's been almost three years and he can't really control his friend. So, I stopped glaring and answered him.

"Good morning, Remus," I said.

"Listen, about yesterday," he said sincerely, "I really didn't know he was going to say something like that. Don't worry, I gave him an earful and he won't do it again. At least, I think."

"Remus, he's sixteen, not six," I rolled my eyes, "he can apologize for himself, you shouldn't be the one apologizing."

"So, can he come here and apologize?" Remus asked hopefully.

"No," I said, "I don't want to hear a forced half-assed apology. In fact, the best apology is not coming near me again."

"Well, that would be impossible, since I'm sitting right behind you and there are going to be group projects in other classes and there is a chance we get paired up together," Black said. He was leaning forward from his desk.

I glared at him then turned to Remus. Remus turned to his friend.

"Sirius," Remus sighed looking at his friend, "you are not really helping your case right now."

Black didn't get to say anything because my partner arrived and plopped beside me.

"Good morning, Athena," he said while panting.

"Good morning, Martin," I gave him a small smile, "Were you running?"

"Obviously," Black scoffed from behind and I heard a smack. Probably Remus smacked him. I ignored him and so did Martin.

"Yes, actually," said Martin. His breathing slowed down a bit, "I slept in and thought that I will be late, and you heard McGonagall yesterday. Good thing she didn't arrive."

"You're lucky then. She will arrive any second now," I told him, "Do you need water? I have a bottle with me."

"Well, if you don't mind..." he scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed probably. But the guy clearly needs some water. The Ravenclaw tower is on the other side of the castle and he ran all the way.

"I don't mind. And don't worry, it's unopened."

"Even if it was, I wouldn't mind," he winked and I gave him a smile as I took out the bottle.

Just as he finished drinking, the teacher arrived and he gave it back. I told him to keep it.

After Transfiguration, Charms and Divination passed by quickly. Thankfully there wasn't a seating arrangement or groups in Charms. In Divination, I was paired with Angie, we were both relieved. 

We had Defence Against the Dark Arts with Hufflepuffs. I was really hoping to get paired with Theo. We walked towards class and started talking.

"I have a feeling that you will be paired with Theo," Lily smirked.