1: Quirkless?

AN: This story is recommended to more mature audiences. I'm saying this now just in case you didn't see it at first.

Abilities have started to appear in humans and animals over the years. These were called different things: superpowers, meta abilities, but everyone agreed to called them quirks. Naturally, there was a rise in crime due to these quirks; those who used their quirks for crime were dubbed as villains. A profession was created to fight against these villains; the profession of heroes. Heroes had licenses that enabled them to use their quirks in public.

In this day in age, the nature and strength of one's quirk determined their value, and what that person would result to in their future. They represented the strength of a person and their individuality, so when kids got their quirks at young ages, they would be groomed by society and the one's around them. The nature of quirks are diverse, and it would be very difficult for a person to guess their quirk before they develop it due to the many combinations and mutations the person's parent's quirks can go through to become whatever quirk that they get. If a child's parents' have powerful quirks, they can develop an equally powerful or stronger quirk. It is the same with weaker quirks, but one thing remains the same. That thing is the chance of the child being quirkless, or without a quirk at all.

Thisisaline,butitisn't,sopleasejustimaginethatthisisalinethatseperatesthefabricoftheuniverse

Narrator Pov:

Izuku Yagi, a bright. and kind-hearted child. He has fluffy green hair, just like his mother, and his left eye was blue while his right eye was green. He had a sitster, Izumi Yagi, who had straight blonde hair, like their father, and her left eye was green while her right eye was blue. They were twins, so they were extremely close with each other. Both of their dreams were to be heroes with their friends, Katsuki Bakugou or Kacchan, Shoto Todoroki, and, his own twin sister, Shouko Todoroki.

They all promised to become heroes together and become the best hero team... They promised, but it won't ever happen. Who broke their promise? If this question was asked to Katsuki Bakugou, he would yell out, "That damn Deku broke our promise because he was so worthless!" If it were asked to Shoto Todoroki, he would say, "Izuku did..." If the question was asked to Shouko Todoroki, then she would whisper, "I... I think the blame goes to me..." If the same question were asked to Izumi Yagi, then she would say, "Izuku broke our promise. He promised that we would be heroes together, but he turned out to be powerless. He can't be a hero..." If Izuku Yagi were asked the question, then he would say with tears in his eyes, "Mine. It's my fault for breaking the promise. I can't be a hero. I can't be a hero without a quirk. After all, without a quirk, I'm just a weak, defenseless Deku."

Flashbackline

Izuku and Izumi Yagi were excited, to say least. They were four years old, the age that most children get their quirks. And that day was the day that they would be going to the quirk doctor to determine what their quirks were. For the two twins, that was probably the most important day in their lives, but little did they know, that that day was much more significant to others.

"Papa! Mama!" Izumi and Izuku shouted in unison as they pushed themselves against the bed of their parents, "Wake up! Today's the day that we get our quirks to become heroes!"

"Oof," Toshinori Yagi, the twins' father sighed when Izumi headbutted him on accident as she headbanged excitedly.

"Yes, we're coming." Inko Yagi, the twins' mother said as she nudged her headbanging children out of their door, "You go get ready. We'll get ready too, so be patient. You can't be a hero if you can't wait a bit."

The too children nodded their heads much slower now, rubbing their sore necks, as they walked back to their respective rooms. After they got ready, the two twins put on their matching red shoes, and the family of four left their apartment, walking down the flights of stairs. As they left the building, many of their neighbors smiled at the sight of the two children buzzing with excitement, for they knew that the two children would be getting their quirks that day. They got into their car and drove.