44: Smile

Izuku Pov:

I have to get Kota out of here, but how. He's not listening to me when I tell him to leave...

"What the hell are you doing, spy!" Muscular barked at me, his shock leaving him, "Let me kill the brat!"

"...," I thought for a moment, before smirking, "He's not our concern. There's no point in killing him, Muscular."

Muscular looked like he wanted to argue, but restrained himself. It seemed that he had enough common sense to know that he wouldn't survive if he did anything to me. Not that he could do anything in the first place.

"Brat," I looked at Kota with a cold gaze, "Leave. Let the villains do their thing."

I didn't like talking to the kid this way, but it was only way that I could think of to get him to leave. Despite this, he didn't move. Instead, he kept staring at me.

Having this kid around wouldn't be a good idea. He could go and tell the heroes about my identity before our planned reveal. Not only that, but I'd rather not have him witness the scene of Muscular's death.

It seemed that Muscular's patience already ran out. He charged at me.

"Just let me kill the the runt!" he growled.

'Seeing this, I really can't let him go,' I scowled as I held my knives up in front of me.

More muscle wrapped around his arm. Now, it was even wider than the circumference of a tree trunk. He slammed downwards on me.

Once again, I dodged, grabbing the kid. Dust spread throughout the air.

"I really don't get it," Muscular swept his arm towards me, sweeping away the dust. "Why are you saving the kid!"

I dodged another attack, securing my hold on Kota underneath my arm.

"Why!" the villain yelled, the veins on his face bulging with anger, "Why are you going against me!"

I only narrowed my eyes at him.

"Why should I tell you?" I tilled my head.

He growled, "Just let me do what I want!"

Muscular charged at me once again, even more muscle forming on his massive arms. His expression looked slightly strained. I twisted around his attack. Then, he turned to swat at me. Noticing this, I threw one of my knives at his hand.

"Argh!" Muscular grunted, "How? How did it do so much damage?"

I set Kota on the ground. Staring directly at Musuclar with cold eyes, my lips curled into a smile.

"You may have thought that you were playing with me, Muscular," I chuckled a bit, "But, this entire time, you're the one that's been dancing in the palm of my hand.

This provoked Muscular, causing him to jump at me. He growled, his eyes bulging and his face red. My smile widened as I tried my best to reenact how Chizumo used to smile. At the same time, I let my intimidation technique ooze from me, directing all of it towards Muscular.

The villain launched a sloppy punch towards me, which I leaned to the side to avoid. Stepping forward, I twisted my waist and cut through the entire length of Muscular's arm. Now, I was up close to him, blood spraying towards me.

Our eyes met. In his, were anger, hate, and, most of all, fear. Flipping my knife in my hand, I held it in a reverse grip. Then, I stabbed it back into Muscular's arm before he could wrap more muscle around it.

"AGHHH!" Muscular screamed in agony from my knife plunging back into his open wound.

Despite the pain in his voice, he raised his other arm. Again, he threw a sloppy punch, though the force from it whistled past my face. Raising my other knife, I did the exact same thing to his other arm.