26: Villains Need To Be Able To Get Out Of A Pinch

Izuku Pov:

I used fear inducement on the villain I was fighting. They shuddered slightly, but they didn't seem too affected by it, so I cranked it up a notch. I let out my intimidating aura and the villain started trembling. They couldn't move, not even when I started approaching them with my sword drawn.

Once I got close enough, I held my sword up and brought it down in a swift motion. My sword slashed across the villain's chest, drawing blood. They passed out shortly after from what I assumed to be pain. I dropped into a crouch, taking out my dagger and gently drew an S shape  on the villain's body.

Lately, I had started drawing an S on the people that I punished. I wanted to make my presence known and eventually, the existence of Scourge: The Punisher will have to be disclosed to the public.

"I can't believe that he wants us to be able to do that..." I heard Yakuro mutter from behind me.

"I'm not expecting you to be able to do what I do," I glanced back at them and sheathed my dagger. "Use me as an example and build yourselves up around the basics that you see from me."

Before any of the three could open their mouths, I jumped back onto the roof and ran. I told Kurogiri not to follow to close to me in case a hero got close. I was the one doing the fighting and I knew that Azumuro, Yakuro, and Amata couldn't deal with a lower ranked hero. Kurogiri was about A rank, but I still didn't want the newbies fighting with no training.

Suddenly, I heard the familiar sound of metal clashing. I stopped and listened out for where it came from and went to where I heard it.

I crept over the edge of a building, peering into an alleyway. I saw two people fighting. One of them had a sword and the other wielded two knives. The person with the knives was a man in normal civilian clothes, but there were numerous scars on his face. The person with the sword wore baggy clothes and a mask. They had long black hair tied into a ponytail, but their gender was not perceivable.

Before I jumped down, I watched to see what was going on. The person with the sword seemed to be skilled in fighting, but I couldn't recognize them as a hero or a villain. It was possible that they were a vigilante, but there weren't many vigilantes around the area.

I let myself fall down to the ground, slashing the man's back with dagger after landing. Before the man could turn, I chopped their neck with my hand, knocking them out. Then, I pointed the dagger at the masked individual.

"Tell me. What's going on here?" I asked.

"You're going to ask that after knocking the other guy out?" they responded. Their voice somewhat feminine.

"Just answer," I said coldly.

"That guy's a villain," I guessed that this individual was female due to their voice, but it was rude to assume gender. "I was just about to finish him off."

"Hm," I hummed slightly, "You're skilled with the blade. Are you a vigilante?"

"Yeah! I-I mean, yes, I am a vigilante," they said quickly.

"...," I stayed quiet for a while, "Tell me your alias."

"U-uh, I don't have one," they shuffled their feet, putting their sword away.

'Is this person new to vigilantism? Why would they put their sword away in front of someone whose pointing a dagger at them?' I narrowed my eyes at their action, but it wasn't like they could see my eyes behind my mask.

"I will just call you Watchdog," I said blandly.

"Wh-why?" they asked.

"You remind me of a puppy for some reason," I answered bluntly.