43: Slash and Burn

Touya Pov:

I adjusted the mask that I wore. It filtered out smoke, similarly to the one that I wore at I-Island. Unfortunately, my equipment from then had been taken away by Giran. He said something about not wanting them to get too damaged. Izuku's sword from then had also broken due to how much metal he sliced through, so he was back to using his regular sword.

I was currently in a part of the dense forest around the hero training camp. My job here was to make a distraction and put pressure on the heroes by setting this portion of the forest aflame. Meanwhile, that kid called Mustard was in another part of the forest, using his quirk to do a similar thing. While we were doing that, Spinner and Magne would engage the heroes directly, and Himiko and Compress would look around for Izuku and whoever else we would get. I knew that Twice made a clone of me that would also go to the heroes, but I didn't know if he was doing anything else. There were also those two, Muscular and Moonfish. I wasn't so sure about them, but Tomura had told us to let them do whatever while keeping an eye on them.

Tomura, Azumuro, and Yakuro weren't here, but Amata was because her quirk would help us here.

After shooting Izuku the message, blue flames danced on the tips of each of my fingers. Letting out a sigh, I waved both of my hands outwards. The small flames fluttered from my fingertips to the grass.

All ten sparks reached the ground at once, igniting the ground. The small flames burst and grew in an instant, towering over myself. The fire spread quickly. There was no need to continued using my quirk. Now, I could go back.

Aizawa Pov:

Looking out the window, I saw blue fire in the forest. My eyes widened. I told Vlad King come with me as I stepped towards the door. Right as we reached the door, blue fire seeped into the room from the tiny slits in between the door and the walls and floor.

I stepped back in surprise as the door melted, revealing a man on the other side. The man had black hair and blue eyes, a smirk on his scarred face. He held his hands out, sparking before erupting in a torrent of blue flames. Before the outpour could reach us or our students, I instinctively activated my quirk.

The flames came to a stop. I heard the students behind us get up from their seats, but Vlad King stopped them.

"Who are you," I say with my quirk active, my hands reaching for my capture weapon.

Without answering, the man rushed towards me, vaulting over the melted door. He reeled his fist back and launched a punch at my face. Tilting my head, the strike passed me. My hands moved on their own. I gripped his arm with both hands, pulling him forward, and twisting his arm. I shot my foot out and kicked at his feet, making him loose his footing. Then, tightening my grip on the villain's arm, I twisted my body and threw him to the ground.

Immediately after doing so, Vlad King shot out his blood, hardening it around the villain. He was trapped.

Just as I opened my mouth to ask a question, more blue flames appeared around us. Then, a I barely dodged a kick. Snapping my head back, I saw someone that looked identical to the villain that Vlad King just trapped. The two were even wearing the same clothes.

Vlad King's control wavered for a second, allowing for the trapped villain to break free from his blood prison using his quirk. Now, we were sandwiched in between two identical villains with the same quirks.

"Don't interfere!" I yelled at the students, some of which looked like they wanted to help.

'They have the same quirk and looks, scars too,' I thought, staring down one of them, 'Could they be twins? That blue fire was also in the forest. Did they set that up beforehand or is there a third one? How did they even find this place?'