38: The S

Izuku Pov:

After confirming that Wolfram was dead, I swung my sword once. The blood that was on it flung off of it and onto the ground. I then sheathed my sword.

I stared at the corpse in front of me...

That was when I noticed a device that was on Wolfram's head. I knelt down and gently took it off of the dead man's head.

Examining it, I could tell that it was completely broken. I assumed that it had gotten destroyed from the fall. I just laid it down next to Wolfram and turned away.

The sun was coming up. I sighed and tipped my mask slightly upward to get a gulp of fresh air.

"Mission complete," I whispered before readjusting my mask.

...

It was silent. Even the wind was calm...

Like a wave, fatigue and soreness came over my entire body. Aggression had turned off and it left me with my entire body aching. I struggled slightly to stand, but I made sure to not tremble. I felt cold, but I was sweating.

After standing there for what seemed like a minute, I heard some movement near me. I turned my head towards the sound and I saw someone. The man had brown hair and a beard and blue eyes. He looked injured, so he must have been involved with the battle somehow, but I had no idea who he was...

Then, I remembered.

'Brown hair and blue eyes,' I thought, 'He's here on I-Island and was somehow involved with this entire situation...'

This was David Shield. That would explain why Allmight was here considering the two used to work together. There was the I-Expo, but Allmight is the No. 1 Hero- there's no way that someone of that status would just go somewhere randomly for no reason, especially if absolutely no one knew about him going.

The two of us stared at each other. I made no move to approach him and he didn't do anything either. I was extremely vulnerable in my current state; I probably wouldn't even be able to swing my sword after hacking away at all those metal blocks and there was no way I would be able to run far after going so fast for such a period of time.

The man seemed to also be struggling to stand, but I could tell that he was trying hard to not show vulnerability. He had his hand on a piece of rubble as he looked at me.

I heard multiple quick footsteps coming towards my position. I looked past David Shield and saw Izumi and her friends coming towards us. They had noticed me, but I wasn't sure if any of them recognized me as Scourge.

'What do I do...' I wondered calmly, 'I can't run and I can't fight...'

As I was thinking for a solution, I noticed a couple particles of purple mist near my feet. Then, one of Kurogiri's portals opened right next to me. Without any hesitation, I stepped through, leaving behind the wreckage that Wolfram had caused.

Sakari Pov:

I sat crosslegged on my sofa, watching the television. It was the middle of the afternoon in the summer.

"So hot...," I grumbled as I stuck a popsicle in my mouth.

I was wearing looser clothes and my hair was all tied up because it was too hot.

I then switched to the news channel. I was a vigilante, so it was a good idea to check the news.

"Breaking News: An Attack on the Famous I-Island was Brought About Last Night!"