31: Creati and Analyst

Izuku Pov:

We entered the stadium that was designed to resemble an suburban area. I patted myself down one last time to make sure I had everything. My knife was locked in its sheath and I had my utility belt with basic things inside it. I had my capture weapon wrapped around my neck as well.

Since I had started my extra training, I had started designing some new features to my hero costume.

I had asked for longer gloves that would absorb shocks better. It would help for blocking and punching. Even though I mostly dodged and attacked with my legs, I though it would be better to reduce the number of openings on my body. It wasn't like I couldn't handle the weight either, so there wasn't any point not to.

I had also switched out my cargo pants for black tights with blue stripes running down the sides that matched my top. I figured that I would be able to move better with tights since that was what I was used to. I also got shin and ankle braces that had plates of metal on them. They would also help absorb shocks as well as increase the power behind my kicks.

Along with that, I had also gotten iron soles onto my shoes for the same reason.

By Aizawa's recommendation, I had also gotten goggles. Since my fake quirk, Analysis, worked by being able to see things, he said that it was extra important that my eyes were protected. That made sense since Aizawa's quirk worked with his eyes as well.

Making sure my hair was tied up properly, I took another glance at Yaoyorozu before the exam started.

"Begin!"

The voice rang from a speaker, signifying that we could start.

We both looked at each other before running down the street towards the other end of the arena.

Flashbackline

"A-Aizawa-sensei is p-probably going to come after us," I said to Yaoyorozu, "W-we should probably try to g-get to the e-end as quickly as p-possible."

"Right," she nodded agreement, "The problem is that we can't avoid him. Aizawa-sensei has more overall experience. It's inevitable that we encounter him, so we have to come up with some sort of plan..."

I nodded in agreement. I could probably come up with a plan by myself, but if Yaoyorozu came up with one that worked for us, then it would be beneficial for her, considering her current mental state. If her plan helped us win, then it let her push past her current problem, and become a better hero in the future.

"D-do you have any ideas?" I asked.

"...A couple," she murmured.

"I-I'll listen," I nodded, "D-don't worry."

She nodded back to me before taking a deep breath. "You saw how Aizawa-sensei fought at the USJ. He focuses on speed and evasion, using his capture to help him move around. His attacks are quick and precise. He's strategic and most likely already has an idea of what we will do."

"One thing that I can think of to counter him is with sheer force," she sighed, "But neither of us specialize in power. We can't outmatch his technique and skill. I have something else in mind though; you will be able to last a while against him at the very least. I think that the best course of action is to have you occupy him while I start making my way towards the exit. I can leave you with a sort of flashbang or stun grenade, so when I give some sort of signal, you can activate them and make your way towards me."

I nodded along with what she was saying. 'She's smart. She knows that she doesn't have the combat ability to keep up with Eraserhead. On the other hand, I've shown that my combat abilities are good to decent.'