28: The Punisher's Trauma

POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING!!

Izuku Pov:

I had left the bar in civilian clothes and without my disguise. I just wanted to relax a little after what last night. I knew that Touya, Himiko, Tomura, and Kurogiri could tell something was off about me.

There was something that I hadn't told them, not even when I was drunk. It was a memory that I fought hard to suppress and forget about. A memory that was triggered due to the familiarity of last night's situation in the alleyway...

I sat on the rooftop. There wasn't anyone outside which was probably because of the news report this morning. Relishing in the night air always helped calm me down, even during patrols.

The memory that flashed through my mind happened a year or two before I met the SOS. The day that I unknowingly became numb to the constant pain. It happened while I was walking home from school one day...

Flashback

I trudged down the street, the pain from my beating flaring up with every step. It was starting to get dark and not many people were outside. The only thoughts on my mind were how I was going to make dinner for myself in my condition and if Mom or Dad would notice my pain this time.

Mom had left me and taken Zumi-chan back home again, but this time, the beating was worse than usual, so I had to treat myself a bit before I started walking.

I shivered as I walked. Even though the temperature wasn't that low, I got cold too easily due to the constant changes in temperature that I got from Tocchan's and Kacchan's quirks.

I kept walking and by the time it became evening, I still hadn't gotten back to the apartment building.

'I wonder if they notice that I'm not there,' I thought to myself, 'I hope so...'

All of a sudden, ropes appeared and wrapped around my body, pulling me into a nearby alleyway. My head hit something, causing me to close my eyes. When I opened them, I saw that I was surrounded by a group of men and women.

I had been pulled into the alleyway by a man's quirk. Their quirk seemed to be related to ropes.

"Wow~ Nice catch!" one of the men said.

"Yup! This one's cute~" one of the women leaned towards me.

That was when I realized that some of them were pro heroes.

I was confused and afraid. I didn't know what was going on, but I could probably guess. I was an intelligent child, and I knew many things.

The man with the rope quirk came forward, "Hmm... Let's have our fun before this kid's parents realize he's missing~"

...

That night, I got home in the middle of the night. When I tried to open the door, it was locked. I wasn't too surprised by this. Of course they would lock the door at night. I knocked on the door and waited...

No one came.

Eventually, I had to pick the lock. I had learned how to do it after getting locked outside a couple times, but I wanted to wait this time. I wanted to see if anyone would answer the door for me.

I walked into the apartment and immediately fell to the floor.

I felt violated and dirtied. I couldn't move from the pain in between my legs. I crawled through the house, trying to ignore the pain, but I kept falling.

That night, I slept on the floor of my room. I couldn't even bother to get onto my bed.

The next morning, my family was normal.