27: One's Excitement Is Another's Worry

Sakari Pov:

I quietly crept into my room through the window. I peeled off my baggy costume and took off my mask. Then, I slid my sword underneath my bed. I stood in my dark bedroom, contemplating what just happened.

"Oh my gosh!" I half whispered and half yelled to myself, "Did Scourge just acknowledge me?"

I calmed myself down, taking deep breaths.

'Hold on,'  I thought to myself, 'I should mark my arm with something, so that I know that it wasn't a dream when I wake up.'

I grabbed a marker from my desk and drew an S on it. Then, I untied my hair and went to sleep without thinking, hoping that what happened wouldn't be a dream or something.

Timeskip

I jolted up from my bed and rubbed my eyes tiredly. I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. After splashing my face with water, I stared at my yellow eyes in the mirror, feeling like I was forgetting something...

Then, my eyes widened and I quickly looked at my arm. Sure enough, the S was there. I tried hard to suppress the squeal that was building up in my throat.

'I had really met Scourge last night! He acknowledged my sword skills and even gave me a vigilante name!' I internally screamed.

I admired Scourge despite his existence not being widely known. I only knew him because I was one of the people he saved. It was years ago, so I doubt he remembered me, but I was inspired by him to be a vigilante despite only being in my second year of high school.

I could be considered a fan of Scourge despite him technically being a villain for repeated assault. I knew that he only fought people that he knew had done bad things and were bad people, so it didn't bother me.

Giddily, I showered and put on my UA uniform. The hero course students were all away on internships except for the ones that didn't get any. I was in the General Education course because I was one of the few quirkless people in the world. I was the first quirkless student that has ever gotten into UA, but it was only the General Education course, so it didn't matter too much.

After the Sports Festival, everyone had gotten a small break to go back to our homes, but we went back to school during the Hero Course's internships. I waved goodbye to my mother in the kitchen before leaving the apartment with a piece of toast.

It was still quite early in the morning, but I liked walking to school earlier. It was always quiet and peaceful... Suddenly, I got an alert notification on my smartphone. I took it out of my blazer pocket and checked the notification.

Breaking News: A NEW A RANK VILLAIN APPEARS?

Unknown villain hospitalizes 17 pro heroes late last night! The letter S from the English alphabet has been carved onto each of their bodies! Their quirk is unknown and this villain has been estimated to be B or A rank by us, the Musutafu News Report.

I stared at my phone...

'Wait... late last night?' I thought, 'I was patrolling late last night! And the S was carved on each of the heroes' bodies... This must be Scourge then! It is kind of annoying that they would label him as a villain, though... I'm sure that there have been heroes on his case, so they should know that he's actually a vigilante. Well, the appearance of an "A rank villain" will probably cause some people to panic, so the heroes will probably say something about it.'

I was slightly excited that Scourge had finally gotten some recognition, but it was a bad type of recognition. One that he didn't deserve. Sure, he beats up heroes, but those heroes must be bad people for him to do that. I pocketed my phone and made my way to school.