23: Rendezvous in Hosu

Narrator Pov:

The three new recruits have been around for a while now. Everyone got along well with each other, though Izuku was the most withdrawn from everyone. He didn't avoid the three new recruits, but he didn't socialize with them as much as he did with everyone else. The words that Izuku spoke to the three new recruits lingered in their minds. They knew that Izuku's trust would be harder to earn, so they had to show him that they were worthy of it.

"How do we gain his trust?" Okakishi asked Manamon and Akemi.

"Hmm...," Manamon thought for a moment, "We have to show him that he can rely on us, so what if we request to go on a mission?"

"We're too new, I doubt that they would let us go out," Okakishi shook his head.

"What if you use your quirk on him?" Akemi asked.

The two men looked at her like she was stupid. Okakishi shook his head like he was disappointed and Manamon just narrowed his eyes at her. After that, Akemi wasn't allowed to give suggestions.

"How about we just train, for now," Okakishi suggested, "We could show him that we're devoted to this. Then, after we've gotten stronger, we can join in on missions."

"Yeah," Manamon nodded. "Let's do that."

Then, the door opened, revealing Izuku. "Lunch is ready," he said before leaving.

"Let's go eat," Akemi stood up quickly, "I still can't get over how good the food here is."

The three of them went out of the room they were talking in and went to the bar. Since the bar counter wasn't big enough for all of them, some of them ate at the coffee table that was where All For One had spoken with the three new recruits.

Everyone sat down and ate. When everyone was done, Tomura spoke up.

"I've gotten a message from Sensei," he said, capturing everyone's attention. "Later today, some of us will be going to Hosu. We're supposed to meet up with Stain. Kurogiri, Izuku, and I will go for sure and we'll bring along three Nomus. When we get there, we'll have the Nomus cause some collateral damage, but we'll try not to kill anyone. Izuku will go around and injure heroes and keep the citizens out of the way."

"W-wait, Stain?" Okakishi sputtered. "T-the famous Hero Hunter?"

"Yeah," Tomura nodded, "Did we not tell you that Stain was a part of the organization?"

"Wait, but then, what about Scourge?" Manamon asked, "He's partners with Stain, right?"

Everyone went silent for a moment. Touya and Himiko turned their heads towards Izuku who had just come out of the kitchen after finishing washing his dishes. He looked back at Touya and Himiko, clearly confused.

"What?" he asked.

"Oh, the newbies were asking for you," Touya replied.

Another silence stretched across the room. "What did you want to ask me?" Izuku asked.

"Y-you're Scourge?" Okakishi asked.

"Hmm? Yeah, I am," Izuku responded nonchalantly, "Tomura, I got the message from Sensei, so you don't have to tell me. Who should we bring along?"

The three new recruits were dumbfounded, but Okakishi thought that this was a good opportunity. "You should bring us along!"

Izuku narrowed his eyes at the three, "Why should we? You're newbies who have little training. All of you would be captured by the heroes in an instant if you were to come along."

"That's exactly why you should bring us!" Okakishi continued, "We would get to observe you doing things. We won't interfere and we won't make our presence known to the heroes."