Chapter Eleven:

Scarlett

Harry stayed with her through the withdrawal, he even threw out all of her drugs and alcohol, allowing her to keep the cigarettes.

Those few days she felt worse than she had in her entire life. She'd gotten so needy she'd begged and pleaded for him to give her anything and got angry at him when he refused, telling him to get out and leave her alone, which of course he ignored.

Now that everything was out of her system, she was constantly fighting the urge to pick up old habits.

"How did you do this by yourself? Jesus Christ."

Harry laughed lightly, "I had a group and I knew my life would be better without all of that crap."

"What did you do all the time? All I know how to do is get fucked up and have sex all the time."

He laughed again and kissed her cheek making her smile, "They taught us things to keep our mind occupied. I drew you a lot if I'm being honest."

That piqued her interest, "Really? Can I see them?"

He shifted awkwardly behind her, "I suppose..."

Scarlett sat up and asked cheerily, "Where is it? In your bag?"

He sat up as well and hummed his response as he watched her bend down to retrieve it.

It didn't take long for her to find it and soon she was seated beside him on the couch, their legs touching and the sketchbook in her hand.

She opened the cover almost delicately, as if she were afraid to ruin it.

He watched the smile grow on her lips as her eyes scanned each detailed image.

"I didn't know you could do this kind of thing?"

She could have sworn a flush rose in his cheeks at the comment, "I didn't either. Not until a few months ago anyway."

Scarlett bit her lower lip as she turned to one sketch in particular, "Can I have this one?"

She had pointed to the only sketch that he had done in full color, his favourite.

His hand found hers, "How about I draw you a new one and I keep this one? It's my favourite one."

She turned to him and genuinely smiled, "I'd like that."

                         * * *

"Can I take you out on a date?" Harry asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

Scarlett thought about it for a moment and tried to answer without sounding too excited, "An actual, official date?"

His hand found hers and entwined their fingers, "Exactly that."

She smiled and he was beyond captivated, "I don't see why not. Where are we going?"

God was she excited! She'd never been on a nice date before, every time she'd been out it was all just for sex, and she was elated to finally experience how a date was supposed to go.

Harry smiled to himself, "It will ruin it if I tell you, so you'll just have to wait."

Scarlett rolled her eyes playfully, "Please tell me we're having sex afterwards at least, it's been a while."

Harry laughed lightly and kissed her cheek, "Wouldn't have it any other way."

She lit a cigarette and blew a plume of smoke in the air happily. It had been so long since she'd been off the drugs and it felt like the heavy burden had vanished.