Chapter Twenty-Seven:

Scarlett

"Mummy! Daddy's being mean!" Seraphina whined from the living room as Harry chuckled.

Scarlett knew that he wasn't and ceased her cooking for a moment to gratify their daughter, "What did he do sweetie?"

She couldn't quite bend down to her level considering the fact that she was now seven months pregnant and her baby bump got in the way, which only made Seraphina giggle lightly before she resumed pouting.

"He says I'm not allowed to watch Spongebob Mummy."

Her little pout was so adorable that she found it hard to contain her small laugh, "Harry! That is mean! You can watch Spongebob all you want sweetie, don't listen to Daddy."

Seraphina hugged her legs tightly before running back into the living room and sticking her tongue out at her father followed by a high pitched, "Meanie!"

Harry's laugh bounced off the walls only to be followed by a frightened squeal as he picked Seraphina up and laid her over his shoulder.

"Mummy help!"

Scarlett grinned as she watched them together, Harry threatening to drop her in the pool and Seraphina flailing her limbs in protest.

"Mummy can't help you now!" Harry stated smugly as he carried her around.

Seraphina squealed before bursting out into fits of laughter as he dipped her lower but not enough to lose his grip and drop her.

"Daddy!"

Harry grinned like an idiot, "Seraphina!"

She pouted falsely and attempted to wriggle free, "Put me down!"

Scarlett laughed lightly to herself as he replied, "What's the magic word?"

Seraphina drew the word out for effect, she knew her Dad was a sucker for that and her pouty face, "Pweeeeeaaassseeee Daddy?"

Harry set her down gently and kissed her cheek, "I love you!"

Seraphina giggled and ran into his arms, burying her face in his neck, "I love you too Daddy!"

His head notched toward the living room, "Go watch some Spongebob while I help Mummy with dinner, okay?"

Seraphina nodded excitedly, "Yes Daddy!"

It wasn't long before his arms were securely wrapped around Scarlett, his palms flat against her enormous stomach as he nuzzled his cold nose into her neck, his curls tickling the skin there and causing her to laugh.

"You're such a good father to her, for the millionth time, I'm glad it was you."

His warm, familiar lips met with her cheek momentarily, eliciting a brighter smile and a slight tint to her cheeks, already rosy from the heat of the kitchen.

"Mmm you're a great Mummy too you know. Plus, I picked you remember?" He joked lightly as he remembered the moment when they'd first met.

Of course, they'd both been drunk but he remembered it well enough. His friend had pointed her out from across the noisy bar and he knew instantly that he wanted something to do with her.

He certainly never would've guessed that they'd fall in love, turn their lives around and have an adorable little girl and a soon to be adorable little boy on the way.

Scarlett closed her eyes and smiled, "Oh I remember hmm you're certainly much less annoying now."

She could practically feel his deep set pout, "Hey! I wasn't that annoying!"

Scarlett laughed more to herself than at his response, "You so were! If you weren't missing you were constantly bugging me to sleep with you and you always won you bastard." She smacked him with a dish towel.

Harry removed his hands and stirred Seraphina's soon to be mac and cheese, chuckling to himself, "If that's what you call annoying then I really wish I could be annoying again."

Seraphina giggled from the living room at something the TV had said and Harry moved so that he was standing in front of Scarlett, his hands once again resting flat against her stomach.

He grinned for no apparent reason which prompted her to smile brightly and ask, "What?"

Green eyes filled with adoration met hers, "You're just so beautiful, I can't help it."

His forehead met hers and she grinned as her eyes fell shut and his soft, ever kissable lips met hers.

"Eeeewwww!"

The two broke apart and laughed simultaneously at their daughter's sudden appearance.

Harry kissed her swiftly once more before turning and matching Seraphina's level, "What do you need sweetie?"

"Mummy! I wanna watch TV with Mummy!" She beamed and rocked on her heels as she waited for a response.

Scarlett smiled and took her small hand in hers, "Okay sweetie, let's go watch TV, Daddy will have dinner done soon."

Seraphina was quick to cuddle up next to her on the couch the moment she had sat down. It wasn't long before her curious mind had her mouth opening with an abundance of questions.

"Mummy? Why's your tummy so big?"

Scarlett laughed lightly as Seraphina's tiny hands traced nonsensical designs over her stomach, "Sweetie we've told you a hundred times! You're little brother is in there!"

Seraphina grinned and continued drawing invisibly on her mother's stomach, "Why's he in there though? He should be out here so we can play with him and love him!"

Harry was the first to laugh as Scarlett explained, "Because he needs to grow just like you did sweetie, then he can come play with us and let us love him."

Seraphina grimaced, "Eeww I was in your tummy?"

Harry entered with a small plate for Seraphina and a larger one for Scarlett, "Yep! For nine whole months and two weeks! Felt like forever!"

The moment he set her their plates down, Scarlett's on the table and by the lamp beside her and Seraphina's on the coffee table, Seraphina practically jumped off the couch to hug him.

"Thank you Daddy! Are you eating with us!?"

"Yes I am! I've just gotta get my plate first!"

Seraphina removed herself from his embrace and quickly sat at the small coffee table, greedily devouring her food. Scarlett swore she was like a ravenous animal when she ate sometimes, but a cute ravenous animal of course.

By the time Harry had returned, Seraphina's plate was nearly empty and he chuckled lightly to himself, "She certainly has your appetite hmm?"

Scarlett smacked his arm as he sat down, "Just because I eat more when I'm pregnant doesn't mean I have that big of an appetite!"

Harry's vibrant laugh rang in her ears as he pulled her in as much as he could and kissed her, "Whatever you say Scarlett."

Scarlett playfully glared at him, "I hate you."

He only grinned in response, "I loooovveeee you!"