Chapter Nine:

Harry

He had been away for two days and already he felt terrible. It was wrong of him to just leave like that but he couldn't risk his heart again.

He'd been staying with his mother but she was getting fed up with his drug use and would probably kick him out very soon. His thoughts constantly wandered to Scarlett which only made him feel worse.

Things were never supposed to go so far; he was never supposed to fall in love with her.

The first time they had met and had sex while on ecstasy they made a deal, their relationship would consist of only sex and drugs, nothing more. Man had he fucked up.

It had worked every other time he had done it, so, he had figured it was no big deal at the time. When they were still going at it after a few months, he began to realize that she was different.

He had never stuck with any other one of his fuck buddies for so long, only ever a month or much less.

For some reason, she was different. Where he loathed the other women and only wanted their bodies for his own pleasure, he found himself wanting to be around her and, more shockingly, he found that her pleasure outweighed his.

Always, he would strive to please her when they got busy and just in general. He had never done that before since Amy broke his heart.

"Harry, we need to talk." His Mother's voice broke him from his thoughts and he ran a hand through his hair, a nervous habit he guessed since he never did it that often.

Harry nodded solemnly and motioned for her to sit down.

"If you're going to stay here, you can't keep this up. I'm going to make you an offer because I know that you've got nowhere else to go and you are still my son and I love you."

He nodded, wondering what she was about to propose.

"You can stay here as long as you need to if you go to a rehab and stop all of this. If not, then I'm sorry son but you'll need to leave by the end of the week."

He pondered the situation, weighing his options carefully.

"If I go to rehab, would you guys love me again?"

It was a serious question, without Scarlett he had no one left and he really missed his family.

"Harry, you know we have always loved you. We just don't agree with some of your choices and it's not a great thing to be around, which I know you know."

He nodded, "Okay, I'll go."

For the first time in a long time, his mother hugged him and he felt a little bit better.

                        * * *

The first night was terrible. His body trembled and he wanted nothing more than at least a single cigarette, but they wouldn't even allow him that. Fucking wankers.

He wasn't there to quit smoking; he was there to quit the drugs once and for all.

The second night was worse, his body ached, he was in a constant state of clammy sweat, his head pounded, and he felt like he was going crazy.

Not just sticking to one drug was really coming back to bite him in the ass. But he still didn't regret the time he spent with Scarlett.

He hoped to God that by the time he got out of this she would still be alive. At the rate she was going, she could have easily slipped up when he left, he wasn't sure if she had begun to feel the same toward him or not. He hoped not, maybe when he came back they could start over.