Chapter Eighteen:

Scarlett

"Why the hell not?" She was furious and wished anything that he were still holed up in that stupid rehab hours away from her.

"Because you seemed to have had a memory lapse and I'm going to make sure it all comes back to you."

Was he delusional!?

Scarlett scoffed and rolled her eyes, she yanked her hand free and answered, "My God! Is everyone from that damn place delusional!? I did not have a memory lapse and you will let me leave or so help me God-"

Noah frowned and reached for her hand only to be denied, "Sweetheart, it isn't good for you to be so harsh all the time, we've gone over this."

"Quite frankly, I don't give a damn."

She was seconds away from finding something to beat the crazy out of him with.

Noah sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair, "Do you really not remember that you love me?"

For a moment, she'd believed him. He had actually managed to look devastated and it made her question things momentarily.

Scarlett wasn't stupid, she'd been taking classes at the local University and one happened to be Psychology. She knew exactly what he was trying to do.

"That's not going to work Noah. What do you want?"

He laughed, a dry, almost humourless sound that sent her very bad vibes and completely dissolved his act.

"Isn't it obvious? I just want you Scarlett, every bloody inch of you that isn't mine."

Scarlett tightened the sheet around her, somehow feeling more uncomfortable than before, "I already told you, my heart belongs to Harry."

Nothing was going to change that.

Noah was staring out the immaculate window, admiring the bustling and shining city below and wondering why she was even with Harry to begin with. The guy was weird as hell, always happy, always nice, and always all over the place like a child.

He didn't see what she saw in him.

"Just tell me one thing, if he wasn't ever in the picture, would I have stood a chance?"

She fought the urge to laugh; it was a stupid question, Noah was a complete twat there was no way she'd ever do anything besides a one night stand with him.

She answered him honestly, "No. I wouldn't have gone to rehab and I would have ended up overdosing on my own and dying from it. That, or Jimmy would have killed me eventually. Plus, you're kind of a twat."

Noah rolled over the thought considerably, "Let me rephrase that, if you met me somewhere out of rehab, perhaps selling drugs or at a club, would I have stood a chance?"

Scarlett actually thought about that one, pondering his personality and characteristics, "Possibly, but only if you weren't this crazy. I don't appreciate being stalked, roofied, and then kidnapped from my boyfriend and my own flat."

Noah nodded, he was atill looking out the window as he spoke, "I understand. If you want to leave you can, I'll pay for the cab."

Scarlett was curious now, "Can I ask you a question?"

A curt nod of his head prompted her to continue, "Why are you so infatuated with me?"

He forced himself to look at her even though he knew it would only hurt him more, "I've never met someone so captivating and beautiful, so smart yet so confident, someone so truthful with such a vibrant spark. I don't know, honestly I just really adore you."