Chapter Twenty-Eight:

Harry

Months had passed by in what felt, to him, like both forever and the blink of an eye. Scarlett had long since given birth to their adorable little boy, Ambrose Lucian Styles, and he couldn't have been happier.

His life was finally, all that he dreamed it would be.

The Holidays were just that much more enjoyable too. It's not that they were boring before, only, now he had a family of his own and everything had finally felt right.

Rather than sitting alone, drunk or high from God knows what, he now spent the holidays back home with both his old, and his new family.

It was such a relief to not have to wonder how things had gone or if he'd be forgiven by the time Christmas rolled around again.

Scarlett and his children were, essentially, all that he needed to keep living the best that he could every single day.

Perhaps the only thing he wished would change was his and Scarlett's anniversary. Don't get the man wrong, he absolutely adored his children to the moon and back, there's just a time when they need a break to just be together and celebrate that togetherness like proper adults.

Like now for instance, instead of watching The Little Mermaid, he and Scarlett could be enjoying a nice, warm, romantic bubble bath, candles illuminating the room and setting a soft glow against their skin.

God, he could just picture it.

Scarlett cleared her throat and discreetly handed him a pillow.

Confused, he stared at her blankly for a moment before her eyes widened slightly to further the point and she pointed toward his lap, hoping that Seraphina wouldn't take notice.

Green eyes widening in both embarrassment and realization, he quickly placed the pillow over his lap feeling his cheeks flush slightly.

Scarlett dropped her gaze slightly, small smile on her rosy lips as she spoke softly, "Later."

Harry scooted closer to her so that he could put his arms around her waist as he leaned in to press a warm kiss to her cheek and speak lowly in her ear, "I love you."

Scarlett's smile grew, "I love you too."

* * *

"Oh God, I feel pregnant."

Harry laughed and only pulled her closer, "Would that really be such a bad thing?"

He could tell that she was smiling although he couldn't quite see it, "I suppose not, we do have the tendency to make adorable children."

This time Scarlett laughed with him before he kissed her again, suddenly and without much warning.

"That we do indeed."

Scarlett giggled at his choice of words, revelling in the smile she'd come to know so well. She was beyond tired, and for good measure considering it was nearly two in the morning, but she craved his company more than sleep and so, they stayed up for hours, talking and taking turns to soothe Ambrose here and there. She could talk to him for the rest of her life and never be bored at all.

A brief, comfortable and sleep inducing moment consumed them almost entirely before Scarlett spoke softly, "Harry?"

He hummed in response, already half asleep but so in tune with whatever his wife said or did.

Scarlett let out a heavy breath, "Is there any way that you can be home more? It's hard sort of raising them on my own for the most part and...I miss you..."

Three little words was all it took to make his decision, "I will do everything I can," he pulled her closer, although it was really sort of impossible considering their current proximity, and kissed the skin just over her collarbone, "I miss you too Scarlett."

* * *

"Seraphina, sweetie, what are you doing with Mummy's phone?" Scarlett questioned, smile tugging at her lips.

Seraphina looked up from her mother and grinned, "Looking at pictures of you and Daddy!"

She took a seat next to her daughter, checking where she was at in the camera roll to make sure that she hadn't gotten to the...inappropriate sections.

"You know, Mummy has all of those in a book upstairs. It's a lot more fun to look at those because you can touch them."

Scarlett's smile grew as she watched Seraphina's eyes light up, "Really!?"

Scarlett nodded, internally sighing in relief that she'd managed to change her mind, "Mmhmm, and if you want, there's one with you and your brother, and even one with all of us."

Seraphina practically threw the phone off the couch, jumping up to run upstairs and calling as she ran, "I'm gonna beat you Mummy!"

Harry, who had just set Ambrose down for a nap, caught her at the top of the stairs and pulled her into his arms as she shrieked and began giggling telling him to let her go.

"Daddy! That's not fair!!" Seraphina whined and gave him her famous pout although he couldn't quite see it so it mattered very little.

Harry only laughed and kissed her cheek in response, Scarlett had already retrieved her phone and was nearing the top of the stairs.

Scarlett laughed lightly to herself as he pretended that she got free on her own and sprinted down the hall to their bedroom giggling like crazy.

She had been about to follow at a much slower pace when Harry's arms caught her as well.

Unintentionally, she found herself biting her lip as she smiled at his actions, his arms bringing her just that much closer as his lips found her shoulder.

"What exactly are you two up too hmm?"

His curls tickled her skin as he nuzzled his face into her neck, waiting for her answer with a smile playing at his lips.

"She wanted to see pictures of us and she was on my phone. You know as well as I do that you send me a lot of non-child-friendly pictures and vice versa, so I changed her mind before she could find one of those... inappropriate pictures."

Harry laughed and the vibrations had her laughing as well, "Way to go Mummy! Should probably put a lock on that though hmm?"

Scarlett grinned despite his remark, "Shut up."

Before she could say anything more, he loosened his grip and spun her around, pressing his soft lips to hers without hesitation.

For a moment, she'd forgotten that they weren't simply young adults anymore and that she had a daughter that was anxiously waiting for her in their bedroom. Everything about Harry was simply intoxicating and she never wanted their spark to fade like many couples' did.

"Eewww! Mummy stop kissing Daddy and help me find the pictures pweeaasseee!" Seraphina called from the doorway, grimacing at her parents.

Scarlett pulled back only to laugh, "Sorry sweetie, I'll be right there!"

Harry would have none of it and gave her another quick peck, "Go ahead and leave me again. I love you!"

Scarlett rolled her eyes and pushed at his chest lightly, "Don't be a baby! Come on, she loves you too you know."

Harry sighed dramatically just because he wanted to be funny, "Oh I suppose I can."

Scarlett grinned and took his hand, leading him into their room so they could explain their past-ish to their curious little girl. Everything was perfect...for now at least.