Chapter Twenty-Five:

Harry

It was nearing nine months and he couldn't wait for the day that Scarlett had their precious little baby. Lying in bed to sleep was always a task because he was always so hyped to sing to both Scarlett and the baby, secretly hoping that each night would be the night.

He'd just finished singing the lullaby his mother used to sing to him when Scarlett gasped lightly.

Confused, he asked if everything was alright only for her to smile in return and place his hand on her stomach, "Sing the last verse again."

Harry's eyes lit up as his mind connected the dots and he sang the last line over again. Almost instantly he felt the small kick against his hand and was giddy with excitement.

Harry grinned and Scarlett smiled, "Only a few more days to go!"

The urge to kiss her was overwhelming and he soon found that he held little control when his lips met with her soft ones in a delicately sweet kiss.

"I can't wait. Let's get some sleep though, I can tell that you're tired sweetie." He kissed her once more, this time deciding not to linger for he knew that it would keep her up longer.

Scarlett yawned in response and curled into him, the warmth of her skin practically radiating love into his entire being. He loved nights like this where they would just sit and talk in the darkness, cuddling or otherwise.

"Mmm goodnight Harry, I love you."

For the first time in a few days, he let his eyelids fall shut when she did the same, "I love you too, goodnight Scarlett."

It was around two in the morning when the sound of Scarlett groaning woke him.

Groggily rubbing at his sleep filled eyes he asked in a very rough sleepy voice, "Baby are you okay?"

Scarlett's breathing was heavy and labored and she hesitated for a moment in her answer, "Harry, my water just broke."

He was up and out of bed in less than three seconds, throwing on a pair of jeans so fast that it could have broken a record for how tight they were.

Rushing to help her to the car he reminded her quickly, "Remember to breathe sweetie, we'll be at the hospital in no time okay?"

Scarlett nodded quickly as her fingers squeezed at his arm, "Okay, just hurry please."

Fifteen minutes later, he was pulled over for speeding, only to be let off the hook when Scarlett screamed at the cop to either let them go or escort them to the damn hospital himself.

He picked the latter option.

Nearly two hours later, she was shouting how much she hated him while practically squeezing the life out of his hand.

And fuck did it hurt.

Another contraction hit her quite hard and he fought the urge to wince as the pressure on his hand increased, "Why did you do this to me!?"

Harry didn't get the chance to answer as the doctor announced that it was finally time for her to push.

He wasn't sure if he should be relieved or frightened. Both seemed to be the best answer.

Three tries later and he felt like his hand would fall off the moment she let go.

It was an effort in and of itself for him to speak softly and as if he weren't in pain also, "You're almost there sweetie, just one more push and we'll have our little baby at last."

He was surprised when he didn't hear the bones break in his hand and washed with relief when the pressure receded and small infant cries filled the room.

Time slowed as he watched them wrap their little girl up and hand her to a very exhausted Scarlett and her face lit up more than he'd ever seen. She was so beautiful and so was their daughter.

Scarlett's soft smile had his heart beating that much faster, although of course, he couldn't notice it's slight spike.

"Hii my precious little girl! It's so nice to finally meet you!" Scarlett cooed sweetly and she gently rocked their baby girl in her arms.

Harry watched them interact, completely taken with the moment and overjoyed with the sight of their little baby girl.

Tired blue eyes filled with adoration met his, "What should we name her?"

He thought back to all the names they'd come up with for a girl and answered with his heart, "Seraphina Rose."

Scarlett's smile grew as she nodded and lifted her arms slightly towards him, "Do you want to hold her?"

He wanted nothing more but the pain in his hand was returning with a vengeance, "I would love too, but I should really get my hand checked out."

Scarlett laughed lightly as she held a sleepy Seraphina just that much closer, "Sorry about that."

Harry grinned, "Don't be, I'd just as happily do it again."

Scarlett rolled her eyes playfully, "Come back soon so you can hold her before they take her hmm, my sleepy little princess." She placed a soft kiss to Seraphina's little forehead and by god, it was the cutest thing he'd ever seen.

Harry lingered a moment longer, desperately wishing to hold her.

"I changed my mind, I'll go get it checked after I hold her."

He held his hands out, warm smile adorning his features as Scarlett gently handed him little bundled up Seraphina.

Looking upon her chubby little face he was enthralled, she was the most precious thing he'd ever seen. To think that she was theirs was amazing, such a precious life created from something so small.

His uninjured hand lifted to caress her tiny face, "Hi sweetie, I've waited so long to finally meet you that I almost can't believe you're real. Daddy loves you so so much!"

Scarlett lazily smiled at his soft tone and how Seraphina's little hand reached to grasp his large finger as she made adorable little baby noises.

"See what you've done? Now you've woken her up and made her a daddy's girl; jerk."

Her slight joke had him chuckling, "I did not. You're just upset because she didn't do it to you."

Harry stuck his tongue out at her before kissing their daughter's cheek briefly, "I'll see you soon my little princess. Be nice to Mummy while I'm gone."

Gently, he handed her back to Scarlett, being sure to kiss her fully before he added, "I'm going to go fix my hand, I'll see you two beautiful girls as soon as it's done. I love you!"

"I love you too, now go before I have to hear you complain the rest of the night hmm?"

He practically rushed out of the room, not wanting to waste another moment away from the brand new addition to the family, Seraphina Rose Styles.

Author's Note:
If anyone knows someone who makes trailers or can link me to one it would be more than greatly appreciated! Let me know what you thought of this cute little chapter ^_^